Cabin Noise with Headers,HF Cats @ Corsa

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of cabin noise level should one expect,compared to stock...is it annoying for long distance driving...which Headers would you prefer Mopar Racing Headers or Bellinger Headers.. appreciate any comments.

-----------
99 Slv/Con. GTS

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corsa cat-back system does a good job of eliminating the interior noise. My suggestion would be to use the Belanger header. The shop is here in Phoenix. The two work well together. The hi-flow cat might make a bit of a difference in the sound, but I personally think it would not be objectionable due to the noise limiting Corsa in back of it. That's my 2 cents. pete the ex glass guy (and hot rodder).

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got through putting Belanger headers and hi-flow cats and the Corsa 3" catbacks on my 2001 RT/10. I already drove 250 miles on them this weekend. My wife kidded me that I spent so much money and the car actually runs quieter on the freeway when you are just cruising along at 1800-2500 rpm. The stock setup had an annoying reverberation at around 2000-2300 rpm that sounded real loud in the cockpit. Now it is gone. Then when you get on it , the sound comes alive. So I guess it would be annoying if you cruise on the freeway at 4,000 rpm, but who does that for any extended length of time? Hope this helps. Dennis Kimball. P.S. I really can't wait to take the top off and scream around the area. The weather is supposed to be around 80 degrees for the next few days, so I'll be blasting the streets with noise.
bounce.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Corsa seems to be the trick. I would do either an Archer Header of a Belanger, as they are the two that seem to be putting out the power. I can affirm that my Archer Header with a Borla catback will peel paint off the walls. Is it annoying at highway speeds? Yup, yup, and he#@ yes! I much prefer the Corsa set-up that we have done with two customer's cars of late. Both had Belanger headers and they are raucous under power, but very liveable on the highway. We did a Archer sytem with a Corsa about
5 months ago, and the customer was happy with it. The key to livability appears to be the Corsa.

PS- Actually with ear plugs and a helmet on, mine isn't too bad!

OP
OP
H

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..Thank you all for your comments ..one thing though does the stock heat sheild fit on the Belanger headers or do you really need it.

--------
99 slr/con. GTS

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lou Belanger at Belanger Headers here in Phoenix just told me the stock heat shield is not necessary on their header but if you want to use them, you can. Some of our local Viper racers use them because of the sustained higher rpm & heat of racing, so I know they do fit over the headers. Others may like the look of the JetHot coated Belanger, which they all are, and it's kind of a flat/shiny silver coating that allows the pipes to run considerably cooler. They also cool off faster after you shut the engine off. Also, no fear of cooking the plug wires, etc. Hope this helps. pete the ex glass guy (and hot rodder)

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Belanger headers and did not put the heat shields back on.
Have had no problems at all with excess heat and wires. Looks much better without as well. As for sound, I guess that's in the ear of the beholder. The walls rattle when I start the car in the garage. At highway speeds, not a lot different from stock. At WOT..watch out..You can hear us coming over a mile away. Love it!

Steve