Cadilac Viper Ride

mark

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own three cars. the 94 rt-10 rides like my 2004 Cadillac Deville, which I enjoy. My 2006 SRT-10 has a harsh ride. I have already replaced the tires in the 2006 to PS2 which has helped the ride about 40% better. What else can I do to get a smoother softer ride to the 2006 srt-10?:drive:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motons.

I have 700/900 pound springs in my car, along with Motons and PS2s. Even with the ultra stiff springs, it rides nice and smooth. With 500/700 pound springs and Motons, your car will be very smooth indeed.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Caddy XLR-V which is like a Caddy with almost the speed of a Viper (and a retractable hardtop)

I enjoy my 06 Coupe and would hate for it to ride like a Caddy. BTW, how did you get a soft ride out of a 94?? I had a 95 that was like an amusement park ride.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's interesting that you talk about your XLR-V Caddy in saying that it has almost the speed of a Viper. I have a neighbor who has that very car and we lit them up one night close to our houses and I had him by 10 cars by 4th gear, and that was before the Paxton install in my car. I thought the Caddy was a dog. No offense, but the caddy was also full of rattles with 4,500 miles......the fit and finish was poor and for the price I thought it was really cheap looking inside. Just MHO, it's just like a navel, everyone has one..

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark ... PS2's were a good start but adding the Motons & Eibach springs will really make a night and day difference for you in ride quality, stability, and vehicle control. The complete set-up will probably run you about $5K installed by a competent shop but you will not be disappointed. Good luck.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's interesting that you talk about your XLR-V Caddy in saying that it has almost the speed of a Viper. I have a neighbor who has that very car and we lit them up one night close to our houses and I had him by 10 cars by 4th gear, and that was before the Paxton install in my car. I thought the Caddy was a dog. No offense, but the caddy was also full of rattles with 4,500 miles......the fit and finish was poor and for the price I thought it was really cheap looking inside. Just MHO, it's just like a navel, everyone has one..

Gee. Thanks for the kind words. I can only say your neighbor (if he had a V and not a standard XLR) must be an awful driver. I have had 4 Vipers and can tell you the V ain't too far off in 0-60 etc and about the same as my 95 Viper. As far as fit , finish, it is better than my 06 Coupe and the paint is much better (06 paint is not as good as my older Vipers) Lastly, I don't think any Viper ower can boast about rattles and interiors. The V is a Bentley by comparison. Having said this if I had to choose between them the Viper would stay.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My neighbor is a great guy, and a pretty good driver.....he's been to the drag strip a lot! I am sorry that your Viper isn't put together well, it must have been built on a Friday!! My 05 has absolutely no rattles, the paint is awesome (white Commemorative Edition), and the fit a finish are very, very good.....I do know that it was built on a tuesday!!! Maybe that is the difference.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My neighbor is a great guy, and a pretty good driver.....he's been to the drag strip a lot! I am sorry that your Viper isn't put together well, it must have been built on a Friday!! My 05 has absolutely no rattles, the paint is awesome (white Commemorative Edition), and the fit a finish are very, very good.....I do know that it was built on a tuesday!!! Maybe that is the difference.

"It is interesting " you should mention Comm Ed. I had one (#9 of 100) Fit/finish ok , paint decent but neither as good as my V. Stripes would look better if they reached the bumper, fascia.

Last edited:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Caddy XLR-V which is like a Caddy with almost the speed of a Viper (and a retractable hardtop)

I enjoy my 06 Coupe and would hate for it to ride like a Caddy. BTW, how did you get a soft ride out of a 94?? I had a 95 that was like an amusement park ride.

I hear you. I feel like a cowboy in my 95. get the revs low enough and its a bucking bronco. I love every second of it!:2tu: