Calling Out Gerald

OP
OP
M

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 99t1:
I commend John for his put up or shut up attitude...the **** hat says it all!!!...maybe I missed something but it seems none of the SC shops or their customers want to race? Why?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>YES, you missed something. No offense to you, but It's one thing to want to race, it's another when a bunch of cry babies talk about how great they are and have a need to prove it.

If a BUM challenged you to a foot race would you race him to prove your better than him? Probably not. Why? Because a bum is still a bum!!!

Max

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maxed...your so right...if a "BUM" challenged me to a foot race and he was a gold medal sprinter and his orange moldy feet were often on the cover of Runners World magazine and many others, I wouldn't race him either cause I'd be scared he'd smoke me even while still in his crusty old socks and trenchcoat.

I guess the SC folks like you will just stay home and look at the sky and wonder...and we'll never know...meanwhile the "BUM" is out at the track...posting impressive numbers...running fast...feeling fine cause the offer stands for the challenge and it seems everyone else is too nervous around "BUMS"

...good point Maxed...thanks

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Marc,

I though based on that **** picture in the beginning that this thread was about John's open challenge to anyone to run agianst him...but now I understand that this thread was started so John could explore the "character " of Gerald. Sorry my mistake.

Since you use the word "stole" so confidently, did John steal from you directly? If so, I'm sorry to hear that...but if by chance he didn't steal from you then I would consider your use of "stole" might be a bit strong since (in your case) it is based on hearsay and reading other's posts. Just my .02

I hope to see you at the party tonight in Westchester.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Character of Gerald is right here.---&gt; I"ve earned every penny that I've made. I've started my own business and went out on a limb. I work hard everyday. People put their trust in me to deliver Industrial Machinery to their place of business when they need some. They trust me with bank transactions and money wires in upwards of Millions of dollars. I take my commision and forward the rest of the monies promptly and deliver the customers' machinery. My "character" was tired of hearing a proven thief and a shady character tooting his own horn about a car that runs, whoopie, 10's. How hard is that....
I think I can talk for quite a few people when I say we are just tired of the person in question getting on this board and advertising his business when he rips so many people off. I'm sure he has his share of good customers. But in a large part, they are within driving distance.. I wouldn't do a shady business deal with someone that lived close by...would you? Just food for thought.

I think people have been quiet enough and it's just going to get deeper, trust me. We haven't heard the tip of the iceberg yet, have we...hmmmm??

99RT, just follow the threads, do some search on this board, the covette forum board and you'll see the whole picture...

Thanks!
Gerald

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99T1,
Yes he STOLE from me! I thought most people who are on this board new that. The fine folks at American Express were kind enough to credit my account and take the money back from Mr Hennessey.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God bless American Express....that is how I made it right....errr...ummm...they did not pay him
laugh.gif
bounce.gif
laugh.gif

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, if anyone would like to donate an SC package, I hereby ACCEPT the challenge and will race the TT, the BTR, and the LSD. Ah hell, I'll go ahead and race 'em anyway...
laugh.gif

Chris

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

No matter how 'tired" you are of John on this board, he has a right to post so you might want to take a nap and count those million dollar wires you get all day long.

WOW News flash...Yea I have read about the dirt on John here and the Bowtie boys site and I have heard my own share of dirt on him for many years in the VRL circles...so........so I wouldn't wire him money but I think he still deserves some credit for building cars...my only point in this thread is how about one of you SC boys stepping up...if you feel so confident...how about a revenge match for the money he "stole" from you....I'm just a spectator here and the SC systems keep getting hyped here and there but nobody wants to step up and prove themselves by accepting John's offer. If the SC packages are so great how come Grant's or Levin doesn't come and woop John and send him home and all you guys can have a laugh at John's expense....that's what you want right? So how about it???

As John said, you can't take away his bragging rights at least not until you actually show up to compete. He has made the offer...and you guys keep staring at the sky. Beautiful day today huh.

god, Washington and Amex are on our side!

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99T1,
Prior to OJ's wife's little accident where he is innocent too, I would have stepped up played him in a friendly golf competition. Now I wouldn't want to be in the same state as the man. I think that is the general feeling here with Hennessey.

Dante'00ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99t1,
HMS is now old news if you haven't figured it out by now. He likes to talk s*** because that's all he has left. No one responds to his challenges because no-one cares. The supercharger packages Doug Levin offers are potent, along with Tom Welch's packages. Your so-called revenge match for the money he stole is little consolation to the hundreds of thousands of dollars scammed from mutliple true auto enthusiasts over however many years. Although I don't know Gerald, he seems like a classy guy - and from the sounds of him, John H would do well to keep his trap shut as Gerald could break him over his knee faster than HMS could screw the next guy over. What's so cool about a tuner that has a 1000 hp Viper paid for by cash and parts from other stripped down Viper's of guys that didn't want nothin' sold of them in the first place??? eg.. tires, hoods, etc...

Dante

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Marc,

you've gotta let us in how you got Amex to help out. NOthing about the particulars, just what and who you had to talk to there. Might be good in the future.. I have the Amex card worn out already!

Gerald

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just contest the charge and write a letter explaining why you are upset with the vendor.....given HMS's history....the odds are already good for you that they will believe you and HMS has to respond with their side....give how screwed up HMS is...they wont respond and you win....credit of charge-o-rama....that is why Visa dropped HMS....too many complaints...can you imagine in this day and age...not taking Visa or MC....it's every place you want to be.....LOL....except HMS....&lt;&lt;&lt;ggg&gt;&gt;&gt;

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc Lublin:
99T1,
Prior to OJ's wife's little accident where he is innocent too, I would have stepped up played him in a friendly golf competition. Now I wouldn't want to be in the same state as the man. I think that is the general feeling here with Hennessey.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly the reason Marc. And the exact analogy I was thinking.

Hennessey who?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc Lublin:
99T1,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now you lost me. Poor analogy!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 99t1:
Gerald,

No matter how 'tired" you are of John on this board, he has a right to post so you might want to take a nap and count those million dollar wires you get all day long.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

News flash:

If I had millions of dollar in wires coming to me everyday, I wouldn't be here. I'd be living in a beachfront home in Hawaii.But unfortunatley I live in the real world with the rest of you guys! yay!

Gerald

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW. People say he has bragging rights, I would think that you have to at least respect your opponent somewhat. From what I read it appears John has not respect and quite a bit of customers upset and legal actions against him and potential Fed charges. There is nothing to gain by racing a person that has not respect or integrity. Is the race more important or his business? Appears JH's priorities are out of whack. He has his eye on a race, but forgets it is the customers that gets him to the next one. Appears he is running on borrowed time and borrowed customer money if what they say is true.

After reading his posts on a Non-Viper forum in his state and city, I would have to say he is either a young kid or a mental midget. I remember hearing the stories of JH and how great his car was. After reading his posts and remarks I couldn't see this man creating such a car unless that is all he knew (PERIOD). Otherwise you would have to struggle to have an intelligent conversation with a person like this. Sorry I was not impressed; he may need that fast Viper to break himself out of jail.

As for him creating a 10 second 1/4 mile car, I agree ....big deal... There are guys creating 9 to 10 second 1/4 my cars in replica form. And they are a heck of a lot cheaper and besides I think they look better. As for mine, hands down the Venom would beat me by a second. I can live with that second, can JH live being in jail? I guess a jury may decide his fate, but he is innocent until proven guilty.

Check out this forum, quite a different JH in there than what we see in here.
http://suicide-kings.com/forums/upload/forumdisplay.php?s=1137348df82946e655fef4e504190ea1&forumid=16

----------------
65 Shelby Cobra (replica)

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He!! I like a good fight!

p.s. Gerald I never did make it out to the desert and get that Coyote. I am lucky to get out once a year now. No hard feelings I hope

--------

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you had a really rare car, like say a real 800TT, would you risk breaking the only real example of that car? Why don't some of the people that work for HMS comeout and say what exactly goes on there. I have heard numerous horror stoies of people "not getting what they paid for". They are right, I'd yank all funds if that was the case an charge interest on it for the time it was sitting still. Seems like there are a few people you can trust with your race needs....I hate to see pointless fights like this, especially when someone is wrong and acts like nothing is wrong.IMO

Gerald, you and Doug have NOTHING to prove to anyone. Doug's reputation, assitance, trust, friendship and word is louder than these typed letters on the board.

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I visit this sight the more it seems JH is less and less of a person. I can't really judge him but I can read his posts on here and Suicide Kings.

If he can survive the allegations against him and settle what he owes, my humble opinion is he get the right PR person and right business person to run his business and he should stick to turning a wrench.

If he is deemed a crook then he can turn a wrench behind bars. Also I am sure some BUBBAS will think he is quite cute with his little wrench.

Anybody have any odds as to when JH and his business will fold? That should be a new thread.....How long will JH last before folding?

Gerald,

I wouldn't give him the time of day. After reading his posts he reminds me of a weak person that his only confidence and strength is in the next 1/4 mile race. There is nothing else in him, very shallow inside. Outside of his Viper I would venture to say he is very boring. His world is falling apart around him and he knows it. He is nothing without his race. He is also very predictable.

*I can only look forward to him finally attacking me like he did to other people on the suicide kings forum.

JH's current reputation is spreading like wildfire among the "racing arena". I hate to imagine how it will multiply say in three months. Instead of trying to get together races and insult people, he should be doing some house cleaning and making things right that were wrong. My .02 cents worth.

Perhaps I came on to strong, but after reading some of his posts I felt compelled to express myself. I apologize for ranting on and I will sit back and observe. So who started this thread anyway?

*Disclaimer: This post is not to be considered fact, rather my opinion. And all due respect is given. *

--------------

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Joker:
my humble opinion is he get the right PR person and right business person to run his business

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I offered to run his business for $200K/yr. But somebody undercut me with $199K/yr.

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have posted this in every post that has to do with Hennessey so people will see.

I have been reading the Hennessey posts on here for it seems like years. I have dealt with Hennessey once and almost got screwed, but I was lucky and I won't do that route again. I have not until now commented on any of the Hennessey posts but I just thought that I would make an observation. On all the sites that Hennessey posts on I have noticed that he makes a statement at the begining of the post and then when it starts getting heated you never hear from him again. I see other posts being started by him or commented by him, so you know he is out there, but when people started getting angry and asking point blank questions, he never shows up again. I just found this interesting.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure...but I think OJ is still out of work....and he was on the Cover of a "major publication" too...."didn't fit musta quit...got your money....see ya honey".....

my guess in Ken Lay is going to be out of work for some time too.....

"Enron John" needs serious help to recover from the hole he dug for himself...

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With any luck the courts will do their justice and Enron John will go away for a while and take it where many have been taking it from him. I only wish I could reach the others out there which don't use the internet. Let's just hope that since most viper oweners have some money, they have computers too and they do some homework. Too bad Taig didn't!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
I offered to run his business for $200K/yr. But somebody undercut me with $199K/yr.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that was me
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss