Cam recall

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I woke up early this morning excited to take my SRT in and have the new 3.55 ring and pinion JonB sent me installed. I crank the engine and it wont start. After a few attempts it finally starts but the check engine light stays on, (*&^. I drive it to the dealer and walk into the service office. I am greeted by my usual rep. "Greg, your parts are in.", he says. "What parts?", I reply. "Your CAM RECALL PARTS", he states. "Just *&^%$#@ great I answer". You know, I have 3400 miles on the car. It has had three check engine lights, one sensor replacement, and I have been told numerous times I was not on the list. I was not even told this time I was affected until I dropped by for an elective parts install. I think Dodge has outdone themselves with this PR nightmare. I cringe to think of the damage I have done to the engine, and how much fun I will have with my loaner Intrepid while I await the new motor I am sure I will be told I have to have. BTW, I hear an SRT10 Ram pace truck went up in smoke on national TV this week. Good one.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called dc and my dealer and was told that my srt was not on the list, then a month later i got a call from the dealership to bring it in for the recall. I was driving around for an extra month with a recall. Its a good thing that the bolt did not hurt my motor.

vd..

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
a locals car went in for the recall today, built on August 15th. The bolts WERE NOT loose, and TQ was correct. Makes me question if DC really has ANY idea what cars are affected. do they even know WHAT happened?

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALL current SRT owners.... Don't we deserve to be the first to receive new SRTs(trouble free, of course) in exchange for our current headache/nightmare cars? More than 75% have crazy, stupid, like da, ya know, problems.

100% have rollover issues, it seems, without a rollCAGE.

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No not on list, well maybe, here is a different list today,here is a recall in the mail, Not on the list but you have the problem. Anybody know anything!

MYTSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: PROBLEM?

Bought car from ELHART Dodge summer 02.My car was delivered Oct 03.Apr 04 called DC told vin not on list. This weekened recall notice in mail.I went to Planet Dodge Miami said they would order parts.When in they would check for damage and replace bolts. VERY FRUSTRATING probaly shouldn't drive car.Would hate to use LEMON LAW for this car.