Can a [******] wing be safely removed ?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking at a 2000,personally don't care for the wing.can this thing be removed cleanly ?.............Thanks in advance

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're going to have 4 moounting holes to repair. The bolts are built into the wing and are about 1/8" diamater.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Weird, usually they block out [******]'s name. Nevermind, no E at the end. This was a test people, move along... :p

Reaction score
That wing can be removed just as easily as my GT2 wing was removed (and then replaced by the H-wing. Nothing a good body guy can't fix.....though with the H-wing you'll likely want to have him do both rear quarters and the rear deck (I am sure at least one of the studs broaches the rear deck...or comes VERY close).

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird, usually they block out [******]'s name. Nevermind, no E at the end. This was a test people, move along... :p

I dont want to open a can of worms, but please enlighten me, why does it block out his name ?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont want to open a can of worms, but please enlighten me, why does it block out his name ?

Dude, do a search and you will be enlightened. He has a very notable history. You can even google the name and you'll come up with all sorts of stuff.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can a John Hnee wing be safely removed?

Why not??

"John He knee sey" was safely removed from this site.... so his wings are not a problem...lolololol

Sorry couldn't resist... :p

Reaction score
Yup, it worked. Took the name out, to funny!
Repair the holes, repaint the lid and it will be good as new.

Actually, IMHO to do it right, you'll need to repaint both rear quarters AND the rear deck lid. I am almost positive the rear two studs n both sides of the wing either go through the rear deck portion (all the way outboard), or, end up somewhere near the gap. Still the same principle.....fill the holes and paint. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte