Can I Get a Better Interest Rate?

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys -

The current loan on my 94 RT10 is at 9% (I have about 3 1/2 years left on it - originally a 5 year loan). I recently asked them if I could get a better interest rate on it and they said there was nothing they could do. My question is can I get a better interest rate? If so, any ideas where?

My credit is impeccable, so that will not be a problem. Thanks!!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think of a loan officer as a salesman. Everything is negotiable. If you don't get what you want, go across the street to the next bank and try again.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
...or go to your banker, get home equity loan at prime, and deduct interest as part of "mortgage" deduction.

jcochran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to http://www.peoplefirst.com . I refinanced my old car loan there about three months ago with NO trouble. Very professional and easy to do.

As of this morning, the standing refinance rate there is: 12-36mo = 6.99%, 37-66 = 7.09%, 67-72 = 8.25%.

Hope this helps.

James

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve-Indy:
...or go to your banker, get home equity loan at prime, and deduct interest as part of "mortgage" deduction.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve's right. You can get 6% to 6.5% fixed rated on Mortgage right now with no point or fees. I should know, I sell them.

Also try a credit union. They seem to have the best auto loan rates in town.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got a 7% rate from the small I amount I financed from my credit union...join a credit union if you can..they are awesome! Just need to know someone..let me know if I can help out in mine.