Can someone help me with my Indy Ram truck trans? Need to pull GTS...

Blue Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive recently bought a 96 Indy Ram to go with my 96 GTS. Im going to be towing my GTS with it some and I have a problem with it not shifting out of gear quick. It shift firm, but it just seems to take a little long to shift. The rev limiter will hit when you run it out before it shifts. Its not been rebuilt or anything. But anyway, my question is does it have a kickdown cable that will or can be adjusted like a GM for example or is this computer controlled? I know this isnt a Viper question, but it is Viper related to me. Thanks

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not computer controlled. I don't think cable can be adjusted. If there is a cable adjustment, it would only be for throttle pressure(firmness of shift). Sounds like more of an internal problem. Also do you have a tranny cooler on there? I know for a fact that this truck will eventually overheat tranny without cooler.(mine was warranty replaced)
Good news is to shop around for price, although this is O.D. it shares most of its internal pieces with the old 904/727 so parts are cheap ($85) for tranny kit. Don't let tranny shop B.S. you with price.

Indy7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue Streak, you can adjust the shift points by moving the TV cable. It is located on the passengers side of the throttle body. Now you have to push in the black plastic clip holding the cable and then slide it back towards the cabin if you want to lower the shift points. You might have to play with it a few times before you get it right. Here is a pic of the cable:

P3270004.JPG

Its the cable on the left pointing towards the cabin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtoce1