Can you get a big brake kit that uses the stock front Gen 2 caliper and SRT rearotor

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can you get a big brake kit that uses the stock front Gen 2 caliper and SRT rearo

Will the same parking brake bracket work for both size rotors?

The bracket that the parking brake mounts on changes between the 13" Gen 2 caliper and the 14" SRT caliper, so one more thing to change, good catch.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can you get a big brake kit that uses the stock front Gen 2 caliper and SRT rearo

So that's 950 in parts that needs changing if you upgrade later on down the line.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So that's 950 in parts that needs changing if you upgrade later on down the line.

I think the brackets that hold the park brakes in place will be a lot less than the cost of the entire park brake units, probably $150-200, I will have to check.

So total changeover would be $~600 but you can also sell you old calipers and the brackets in the VCA classifieds and get you money back as well.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are the SRT rotors front and rear specific or are all 4 the same.

The rotors on SRT are different front to back, the offset of where the disk is in relation to the hub is a different distance.

The BBK requires ALL front rotors, the left side will use a FR Left on the front and on the rear and the right side will use 2 FR Right rotors, one on the front, one on the back

OP
OP
T

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the information, this is more to this than meets the eye. So are the front and rear calipers different also or are those all fronts as well?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is the "skinny" on the calipers.

Your stock G1 or G2 front calipers - 42/38
SRT stock REAR calipers - 42/38
SRT stock FRONT calipers - 44/40
The Brembo calipers above - 44/40

To balance the brakes like an SRT has had from 2003 to present, even the Gen 5 you need 44/40 on the front and 42/38 on the rear

OP
OP
T

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks again. Hopefully that was my last question. I guess I like to know why I have to buy each part and why that specific parts is needed. If I just place the order and install the part, nothing was learned. I know you guys have done all the foot work and I do thank you for sharing the information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS