Can't believe I'm this excited...can't sleep

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can\'t believe I\'m this excited...can\'t sleep

Just had my new driveway poured yesterday. My toys have been in jail for about 5 weeks while new walls and a driveway were being done, long story. I had just bought my new black 2005 SRT and put 500 miles on it when the work started. All parts have been ordered and delivered now for weeks, some stacked in the garage. Let me explain what I plan on doing and if there are some suggestions, please let me know. I am doing this partly as a to do list for myself. I already installed the MGW Gripper Short Shifter last week.

1. Have the HRE 546 wheels mounted. Polished black powder coated centers with a polished lip. Stock sizes because I like the ride characteristics. I will probably not be able to lower as the driveway approach makes bringing up any 4 wheel toys challenging but possible without scrapes. Hey I know, I can go over to TJ and have some neato lifts put on the car!

2. Go to Riverside where my son's best friend runs the R & D testing department for K&N Filters. Run some stock baseline data for their records and for me. They will install the filter kit and run more dynos to record differences. I have printed out some of the threads posted here and plan to share them with my "second" son. They did this for me before including my 2003 V-Rod and even installed an adjustable module for air fuel ratios for different RPM ranges. We put a set of prototype pipes on as well. Went from 105 to 127 rwhp. Very significant numbers considering the motor size. Any tuneable modules out there for the Viper?

3. Go to DC Performance to have the Corsa Tracks and High Flow Cats installed along with an aluminum flywheel. Go back to K&N to let them gather more data.

4. Now I am off to Anaheim to have the 3.55 gears installed.

5. Along the way I hope someone can install the RB1 Navigation system I have sitting on the floor of my home office. I have read a few of the threads posted here and appreciated the input regarding the ipod connection I would like to add.

Can't wait for the fun afterwards. There is a black C5 Z06, very pretty and noisy, that lives in my area. Driver really has an attitude (thank goodness I don't). Six weeks ago on 5 No. I sawed him off three times in my turbo cab. Slowed down to 55 mph and still wouldn't pass me. When we got off at the same ramp, I didn't hear all the aggressive throttle rapping I did when we got on 5. He shifted smooth and slow for five miles before I turned off. Last week I'm in my wife's MDX and he's pulling the same stuff. He wanted to race the Acura I guess. I smiled and declined while he went looking for someone else. Can't wait.

This is going to be too much fun. I really am a plick. Maybe I should be looking for a good criminal defense attorney now. At least that way I know how much more this may cost!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can\'t believe I\'m this excited...can\'t sleep

lol, congrats Larry, I would be going stir crazy too, If I were you. Sounds like you have a nice set up coming !!

That poor vette guy doesnt know what he has coming. Course stock you woulda blown his doors off, but now.. he is in even more trouble.

Jon

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can\'t believe I\'m this excited...can\'t sleep

Just an f.y.i. i just put on a corsa track and left the stock cats on, this system is LOUD when you get on the gas. I have been told that changing the cats would have made it even louder(i personally am glad i did not change cats). I dont know if i would like it any louder and i may have already made it to loud to run my local road course(which has noise db restrictions). If this is an issue i would find someone local to hear the system before you put it on. If you dont have these issues you will gain a few more hp changing catS(not many less than 10 and more like 5 from what i hear), and may make the cars cabin temps a little cooler. My two cents.