Cant decide on a rt/10 or srt/10, what's more of a crowd pleaser

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Cant decide on a rt/10 or srt/10, what\'s more of a crowd pleaser

I would tell you to buy a GTS and put a Big Blower set up on it and you will get all the WOW you need when you lift the hood! :headbang:

But since it's clear you are a POSER, you would probably destroy the Car the first time you hit the GO pedal!! :p

Figure out what makes you WOW the most, and buy it! :2tu:

Please I think everyone that owns such a car is a poser in some respects. Judge me if you like. Do you think I care. :) Yeah I am out to destroy the car. Do you think I am some little rich teenager or a 32 year old man that appreciates the value of such a fine machine? It's the second choice if you were guessing. Why are some of the member on this group such huge Di*ks?

Chris

Geeze, relax Chris! Notice the smilies with the tongue out. That means I was just messing with you! :D

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh, yeah, and please don't call me or anyone else here a Di*k, as it's hard to take that as a Joke!

Reaction score

Oh, yeah, and please don't call me or anyone else here a Di*k, as it's hard to take that as a Joke!
I agree...and please, tell us...what exactly IS a dilk? LOL!!!!

Bigot Bledsoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I usually by cars for the WOW look at that car, value. I have a chance at rt/10 and srt/10 both for great prices. The price however in not my main concern. I want people to drop thier jaws. I like the new Viper gen3's but they dont seem to have that in your face look. They sorta seem more like people would say "I have never seen this car before, what is it?" compared to gen 2's "Look there's a Viper!" The rt/10 is a 2002. I am wondering what a 2003 has over it as far as goodies. I know it has more H.P. and it;s a true covertible. But is the engine built better? is the frame made with something better. Is the body made out of something great. if you had a opportunity for either car with out looking at cost, what would you pick and why?

Chris
Buy an escalade, put it on 24" spinnaz, put 6 lcd screens on the outside of it, and paint it neon green. Nobody will be able to miss ya.

P.S: Don't forget the "ice".

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Definitely the RT/10. Remember it is the lowest and widest out of the three, which makes it have a more exotic look.

========height== ==width==
RT/10-------44.0"------75.7"
GTS---------47.0"------75.7"
SRT-10-----47.6"------75.2"

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score

An RT/10 WITHOUT stripes . It gets you all of the attention you want without begging for it! // :shocked:

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK guys, here is my opinion since I own an RT/10, a GTS and my SRT-10 (which was supposed to be here today) is arriving tomorrow morning.

The RT/10 draws more attention than my GTS -- the RT/10 is red, the GTS is black, so that could have a lot to do with it. However, everybody that sees the RT/10 and my GTS next to each other always say the RT/10 looks way better. My GTS has a body kit though, so in comes my neighbor who has a steel grey GTS, and again, all kids, teenagers and neighborhood gals all thing the RT/10 is waaay better looking. Those are the facts from my Cali neighborhood. At a track, my black GTS draws more attention than my red RT/10 does, but then again, most of the crowd are 20 years old or younger and most seem to have seen the Hayabusa video with my car in it.

As for the SRT-10, I think that people just haven't modded them enough to make them look good yet. In my opinion, the wheels that come with the RT/10 or GTS looks really good in stock trim. The wheels that come with the SRT/10 looks like dicck. They resemble the Corvette Z06 wheels which I never liked. The RT/10 looks really stupid and goofy without some kind of rear wing (again, my opinion, and remember, I own one!), as the rear end just looks like it was never finished. Add a rear wing (look at my RT/10 or Yellow Fever's RT/10 for two different types of wings) and the car COMES ALIVE and looks bad ass! That being said, I think the SRT-10 needs some kind of rear end fix -- some kind of low profile wing or something to make it snap! The SRT-10 definitely needs some new wheels. I plan on doing the wheels right away (as soon as I can get them in -- a few weeks I am told) and we will see what happens in the near future in terms of rear spoilers/wings.

Bottom line for me is this -- if you take a STOCK RT/10 with no rear wing and you place it next to a STOCK SRT/10, the SRT-10 looks more complete and better. If you put a wing on the RT/10, the RT/10 looks better. You can agree or disagree, but that is my opinion.

I'll post pics of my SRT-10 when I am finished and see if I can change some minds of people here that the SRT-10 just doesn't look right.

I hope this review helps, from somebody who owns all 3 types of cars. I will post WOW FACTOR reviews of the SRT-10 when driven around, once I get some mods done and get some road time in.

-Manny C

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You should have asked the question aimed at those that have the rt-10,and srt-10.The srt gets more wow than the rt,but not as much as the GTS,but you didnt ask that.

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Buy a GTS...

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hmm, RT/10 next to an SRT? How would that look? Wait, I know..

458105_0585-med.JPG

I think my RT/10 is by far the crowd pleaser. The SRT is the ME pleaser.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The stripes add to the attraction.They always have.A striped GTS is by far a larger draw than a non-striped.When I striped my srt-10,the action picked up tremendously.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why are some of the member on this group such huge Di*ks?

Relax. You'll have a lot more fun here if you roll with the punches.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RT/10 for that factor. The SRT lost the whole "Viper" look in my opinion. It is a great car for everyday driving but I take the RT anyday. I was choosing between the two just like you and took the RT because it is TRADITIONAL Viper. Show factor was not a concern for me, that is why I have blue and not yellow or red. LOL! ;)

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The stripes add to the attraction.They always have.A striped GTS is by far a larger draw than a non-striped.When I striped my srt-10,the action picked up tremendously.

Do you have pics of your striped SRT-10 ? PICS PLEASE!!!

-Manny C

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

The GTS / RT/10 and SRT/10 are all great cars. The SRT/10 is more advanced, the GTS / RT/10 will get more crowd please and IMHO you will never see another car quite like it again.

why not get one of each ? :p

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No question really. The srt is not even in the same ballpark as the RT/10 in my opinion. The RT demands attention whenever, wherever it is out. The styling of the RT/10 holds it's own against the greatest and most exotic cars ever built. Put the RT (or the GTS) next to any of the exotics (such as saleen, ferrari's, lambo's, etc...) and it does well. Put the SRT against them and the SRT will be lost in the beautiful lines of the other cars. Every comment I have heard in person about the SRT has not been favorable unfortunately. Stick with the RT.

Personally, I think the GTS is a better looking car than the RT, but the RT is a bit more fun because of the fun/in/sun factor.

OP
OP
D

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The silver with blue stripes looks amazing. Nice car.

Chris

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My personal preference in order:

GT-2 / GTS-R
GTS/ACR
SRT-10
RT/10

You can't go wrong with ANY Viper of any year, model, or color. All will get noticed, with the GTS generally being the show favorites (although the SRT has been very surprising in crowds when all three models are present). Here are a couple pictures of the SRT next to the RT - in black of course. ;)

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine vote's definately the RT/10 hands down!
132_vips.jpg

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine vote's definately the RT/10 hands down!

Hey, that is one GOOD looking SRT-10! And with that picture in mind, I should qualify my previous response:

My personal preference in order:

GT-2 / GTS-R
GTS/ACR
MODIFIED RT/10
SRT-10
RT/10

Matt's RT/10 (above) is killer, as is Gary's DLM Gen I (green with gold stripes and Gen II hood duct and vents), and Kurt's with the wing and 20" Startechs. I have yet to see an SRT body mod I like (don't care for any of the aftermarket stuff out there right now) and the RT/10 dresses up very nicely indeed. As I said before (and this I will stick with): You can't go wrong with ANY Viper of any year, model, or color. They are ALL awesome!! :D

Bigot Bledsoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GTS for wow factor. If that is an option.
I am not able to decide between the srt10, and rt10 though. I would say SRT-10 in silver, white, or black would be the obvious choice.....but, the new vette resembles it WAY too much; I showed alot of people at work pics, and they mistaked the two for each other.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd say a bright red 98 RT/10 in it's original form. With a sleek flat hardtop (Jay Leno style) on it.

Not that I'm biased or anything....

OP
OP
D

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty much set on a rt/10 2001 - 2002. But would go for a srt/10 2003 if the price were right and the car stunning. I have 2 rt/10's I will be looking over on Monday and Tuesday.

Thanks for asking :laugh:

Chris