Can't get car alarm off

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I locked my 93 viper and when I went out and pushed the button to relaease the lock the alarm went off as I opened the door. Put new batteries in the fob and I still can't get the alarm to shut down. On the dash guage it flashes "ALARM ACTIVATED' or something like that. Do I have to take off the front left kick panel to deactivate and reactivate the fob. Thanks:dunno:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try holding down both buttons on the remote at once this should re-set the alarm.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try holding down both buttons on the remote at once this should re-set the alarm.

That wont work on GENI's!

Try turning the ignition on and then hit the unlock button on your FOB. If that didn't do it, disconnect the battery at the battery, take the pos + cable off and with it your hand push it down onto the battery tray. This will re-set the alarm module, then hook your battery back up and see if that did it. If it still wont go off then you will have to take the left knee panel off and re-set you FOB. Section 8Q in the service manuel.

Good luck!:cool:

OP
OP
DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll try that tommorrow. I saw the information in the manual. I'll try them in the order you said Chuck. You were right, I did hold both buttons down and that didn't work.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While holding the left button down on the fob with your right hand, use your left hand to raise your garage door with its remote. Then, while both your feet are pointing north click your heels together.

Then do what Chuck said.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJ'sViper I got your message and you left me a phone number BUT no area code!!:dunno:
I'm in tomorrow Sat. 4th from 0830 to 1600, give me a call.:cool:

OP
OP
DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My area code is 515. I did all the things that you said. None worked. I think my remote entry module is gone. I might have toasted my SAM as well. I accidently hit the positive bold and the top bolt on the engine connection. I sparked and my horn doesn't go off anymore. I didn't check the fuses box yet. Where is i located?