Car and Driver states this is a face that will scare Vipers.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm not a viper (or lamborghini for that matter) owner myself, but if I owned a viper...and pulled up to a stoplight or even at the track next to one of these....I definitly wouldn't "kick back and relax"! This is an amazing car with AMAZING aerodynamics under it's belt.
Maybe not SCARED....but definetly worried! I'm disapointed at all of the lambo/ferrari bashing that goes on here, I would have expected the people that acutally owned cars like this would be a little more mature....well mature isn't the word for it...more like, realistic....
Don't take us so seriously! We all are well aware of what the Muci can do. (And also what it can't, with the SRT besting the Muci in 5 out of 9 performance criteria in a recent Motor Trend test)
We are all car enthusiasts, but are also fiercely proud of our marque.
Did you ever hear that saying: "A rooster that doesn't crow in its own pen should be shot"?
;)

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a viper (or lamborghini for that matter) owner myself, but if I owned a viper...and pulled up to a stoplight or even at the track next to one of these....I definitly wouldn't "kick back and relax"! This is an amazing car with AMAZING aerodynamics under it's belt.
Maybe not SCARED....but definetly worried! I'm disapointed at all of the lambo/ferrari bashing that goes on here, I would have expected the people that acutally owned cars like this would be a little more mature....well mature isn't the word for it...more like, realistic....
Don't take us so seriously! We all are well aware of what the Muci can do. (And also what it can't, with the SRT besting the Muci in 5 out of 9 performance criteria in a recent Motor Trend test)
We are all car enthusiasts, but are also fiercely proud of our marque.
Did you ever hear that saying: "A rooster that doesn't crow in its own pen should be shot"?
;)

VERY WELL SAID Vic. Exactly right.

This is a Viper forum...you know those signs that read "No tresspassing! Violaters will be shot on sight!"? Other cars are trespassers on any given enthusiast forum.

Head over to the ZR1 forums...if you so much as utter the word Viper you'll be accused of blasphemy and pinkie lifting!

Head over to the SS forums...the ONLY car that matters in the world is the almighty LS1 SS!

It's cool - I love the Murci too. Great car all around. I'd never own one, but I think they're pretty [******] cool...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm disapointed at all of the lambo/ferrari bashing that goes on here, I would have expected the people that acutally owned cars like this would be a little more mature....well mature isn't the word for it...more like, realistic....

You're taking it to literally. Any bashing of Lambos or Ferraris on this board is just some harmless ribbing between car nuts. We all appreciate and respect cars of that caliber.

The bashing of GM however...

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. It's that whole "join the team or get the F off the team!" kind of fun. :D

You must be registered for see images

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lambo "Murcielago" is translated as "bat". As I recall, Vipers eat bats for lunch. Bring it on!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lambo "Murcielago" is translated as "bat". As I recall, Vipers eat bats for lunch. Bring it on!

(I did not know that. Cool. More info....)

Murcielago - The Name

In Lamborghini tradition, Murcielago is named after a Spanish bull which, in 1879 had his life spared after a fierce fight by a famous matador. He was subsequently given to the ******* Don Antonio Miura and went on to father a formidable line of fighting bulls that extends right down to the present day.

True to the tradition, in which the bull has always been the symbol of the prestigious motor company of Ferruccio Lamborghini (who was born under the sign of Taurus), this is the latest in a succession of names linked to the world of the corrida (bull fighting), such as Miura, Islero, Urraco, Bravo, Jalpa and Espada.

Murcielago also means 'bat' in Spanish, or in its literal translation, 'bird that sings in the night'. It's an unusual name that effectively expresses the dynamism, elegance and power of the latest thoroughbred to merge from the Lamborghini stable. It also reflects the unique styling and aerodynamic features of the car such as the VACS which, with its outward opening air vents, lends Murcielago the 'look' of a 'bird that sings in the night' during high performance driving.

Murcielago is officially pronounced "Mercy - el - ago".

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that it's great that the Viper gets compared to the Murcielago and Porsche GT2. It should be.

The C&D writers are just stirring it up.

I've seen GT2s and a Murcielago on the street, and the drivers just smiled and waved, as did I. :laugh:

-Dean.