Car cleaning tips?

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've searched an read up on the archives and I need to know if this is the correct "VCA/Zaino" approved way of doing things.

Keep in mind I'm LAZY and I would like to get a "pretty good" shine. I'm OK with 80% of the look for 20% of the work.

Anyway, I'm thinking I need the following (and in this order). Correct me as necessary:

Clay Bar - for the road tar and baked-in brake dust (Clay Magic is better than Zaino on this?)
Z-7 wash
Z-2 Polish

Also, I'm looking for a better alternative to Armor All and Black Magic (a gloss/protectant for the interior leather, plastic, and dash and a post-wash touch-up polish thingy).

Keep in mind the competing desires: minimal effort, maximum looks (kind of like women
smile.gif
)

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Between Zaino/real waxings, try EagleOne Wax-as-u-dry after you wash the car. It works great, is no more work than drying your car, and is compatible with Zaino. It is no substitute for Zaino or real wax though.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any claybar will work for removing the contaminents that attach to you finish...they are sold at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc...don't forget to use a lubricant with the claybar...water with a dash of Z7 car wash works fine...

Better alternative to Armor All and Black Magic...Zaino...Z16

After you get a solid base of Z2 down, you can Z6 the car in about 15 minutes once a week and maintain a nice looking finish...Z2 it maybe once a month or so...

Easiest way to obtain a showroom shine with minimal effort...pay someone else to do it...If I were closer, you could pay me!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2Tall:

Give them a call (Zaino). They're good fellows and will gladly walk you through everything...<FONT size="1">but they won't apply the product</FONT s>. Phone: 732-785-2951