Car Fax please....

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car Fax is really meaningless for almost anything short of a total. A guy does some damage and pays cash for repairs from some fixit shop, its not reported. He repairs it at a Dodge dealer and its noted in its VIN history. The Wizard or any Dodge dealer can find that for you, and anyone thinking of buying a used Viper is crazy if they don't take the car to a certified Viper tech. to do a complete inspection top to bottom, (especially underneath), before they buy the car. If the seller doesn't go along with that don't buy it. Good luck, hope the Viper you're wanting checks out, but a viper tech. is the only way you'll know for sure.:2tu:

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THanks chuck!

but its not a viper... picked up a ****** Neon for my neice and just wanted to see what kind of history is out there on it..

pretty sure its a theft recovery.. but was just curious..

anyone???

and OKLONERANGER... I already have a viper.. no need for another one!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car Fax is really meaningless for almost anything short of a total.

and trust me a total DOES NOT always show on carfax.

But, Carfax is useful for quickly weeding out an undesirable risk. If it has a negative history, I move on. That's a bad thing for the owner who's car was in a minor accident and Carfax shows it as something more ominous. A negative report definitely lowers the value of the car in most buyer's minds.

As you guys say: Buyer beware and always have the car inspected by a reputable mechanic !

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But, Carfax is useful for quickly weeding out an undesirable risk. If it has a negative history, I move on. That's a bad thing for the owner who's car was in a minor accident and Carfax shows it as something more ominous. A negative report definitely lowers the value of the car in most buyer's minds.

As you guys say: Buyer beware and always have the car inspected by a reputable mechanic !

agreed, running carfax is a must... Its to the point now, where a carfax has a direct(and significant) impact on value.. If there is an accident reported. NOT A TOTAL, just a minor accident reported.. The car should be at least 10% below market value.. Bottom line, is it fail safe? NO.. But its worth the $25 peace of mind..

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THanks chuck!

but its not a viper... picked up a ****** Neon for my neice and just wanted to see what kind of history is out there on it..

pretty sure its a theft recovery.. but was just curious..

anyone???

and OKLONERANGER... I already have a viper.. no need for another one!

I bet you Chuck might run a Neon VIN for you just as well, since its also Dodge! But I can't speak for him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang