car got keyed.........................

softuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone vandalized my car last night....scrathed the word
"ELF" on the hood & down both sides:(

Anyone ever heard of a gang called ELF?

Called my insurance,they said take it wherever I want & it is fully covered but it still makes me mad. I've had the car less than a month & this crap happens.

Also,what are the odds a paint shop is gonna do as good a job as the factory on this. The paint on the car (previously) was the best factory paint I've ever seen.....no trash,no orange peel,just about perfect.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well if u can take it where ever you want why don't u just have saleen do an 08 paint job

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same clowns that burn down hummer dealerships. Too stupid to understand that we are insured, and we're just gonna damage the earth that much more by repainting, rebuilding stuff that was ok before they took action. I simply don't get it.

Sorry to hear it.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes me more than angry. These people are going to save the world by tearing down what people like us work hard for. The best part is, they think a Viper is a consuming hogg like an SUV. I can get nearly 25mpg with my Viper when I drive it right.

Sorry about your car.

Your argument gets even stronger when you add in the "miles actually driven" factor. Viper owners probably drive between 3 and 5,000 miles annually on average. Compare than to a 15,000 a year family or business SUV!

I got keyed once. It's the represents the epitome of cowardice. I feel for you.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same clowns that burn down hummer dealerships. Too stupid to understand that we are insured, and we're just gonna damage the earth that much more by repainting, rebuilding stuff that was ok before they took action. I simply don't get it.

Sorry to hear it.

How about the fumes and co2 from the burning hummers.

In the 80's during the age of " Greed" they trashed BMW's.

I'd like to go down into their mommy's basement and kick theirass's.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell your painter to go ahead and spray some extra fumes into the air to spite them. A-holes!

better yet, do some research and see about joining the ELF group in your area. Keep your address secret, and ask around about what cars to vandalize. maybe one will slip up and tell you about this Viper he keyed...

OP
OP
S

softuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the infor about ELF....buncha tree huggin cowards. :mad:

I'll give this info to the police. Who knows,maybe they'll catch the chicken$##t.

I live in a relatively small town outside of Charlotte,NC....it's pretty quiet around here,I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll give this info to the police. Who knows,maybe they'll catch the chicken$##t.

I live in a relatively small town outside of Charlotte,NC....it's pretty quiet around here,I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Set a trap. Take out a permit to build a 15 bedroom house. They'll show back up.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What comes around goes around ... they will get theirs ... just wish we were there to see it. I agree ... get into the group and find out who or hire a PI to do it for you.

Real sorry to hear about it.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone keyed my Rangerover, I got it re-sprayed, insurance paid, and I forgot it ever happened. Thats what insurance is for, peace of mind IMO.

Also I wouldn't go out looking for who did it, as you may become a target for attention.

Just don't be afraid to drive your car, chances are they won't bump into your car again, and if they do, they'll get the message you don't care what they do to it, and it won't stop you from driving and polluting our environment. =D

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holy crap, Charlotte has ELF now!? OMG that's sad. I lived in CLT for awhile, almost more pickups there than Dallas.

Indeed, turn it over to the cops, they caught the idiots who burned that hummer dealership down, hit them for millions in damages. Stop em before it gets ridiculous.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. It's a little unnerving knowing it's so close to home. I'm only about 3 hours away from you. You know, you could call all your SUV driving buddies to come over for a driveway BBQ and leave all the cars running while you and all your buddies (assuming most of them are VERY LARGE) fire up the grill. I believe we call that a "Hey, y'all, watch this" around here!:D

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the Viper does have a good factory paint job, it can get better. Take this as an oppertunity. Go to a hot rod shop. Not a dealer, or a chain. Some place that build show quality stuff. It will be expensive as hell, but it will be better than new. Have them pull panels, ect. You do not want ANY over spray anywhere.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about this, but glad your insurance will cover it. Strangely enough, I was reading an article recently about "environmentally unfriendly cars" and the Viper wasn't one of them. And here are some "fun facts" I read in that article that should help educate your local E.L.F. vandal:

All vehicles sold in the U.S. are green -even the big, powerful, and fast ones.

"Here's the reality: If you drive in a metropolitan area, once your new car or light truck's engine is warmed up, the air coming out of its tail pipe is often cleaner than the air it ***** in through the air cleaner."

Better start "tagging" those darn Amish houses - they are the worst.

"The fact is that if you burned a cord of wood this winter, you'd need to drive a new vehicle over 1.12 million miles to equal the harmful emissions from your fireplace." So if the average Viper has 8,000 total miles on it, one winter of a wood-burning fireplace is equal in pollution to 140 Dodge Vipers over their lifetime. So conserve paint, start tagging Amish homes instead.

And speaking of paint, your Viper vandalism did far more harm than good.

"The 2007 Bentley Arnage sedan features a 500-horsepower 6.7-liter V-8. Very few are sold, and of those, their annual mileage tends to be low. A curious emissions fact is that painting a room with 1 gallon of water-based latex paint emits the same amount of hydrocarbons as driving an Arnage some 5500 miles." You will find that automotive paints, waxes, and cleaners emit volatile organic compounds (VOC's). So when your targeted Viper gets painted thanks to you, VOC levels may be 1,000 times the background outdoor levels for several hours. You must be so proud.

While you may impress some of your less-educated friend(s) with your acts of vandalism, those in the know realize that you hurt the environment far more than any Viper ever could. Ah, but ignorance is bliss isn't it? Unless you can find a Viper with 1.13 million miles on it you are wasting your time and hurting the very environment you claim to care so much about. Now go target some of those nasty Amish folks with their evil wood-burning fireplaces.* Or don't you care about the environment?

*Amish folks are anything but nasty and most closely embrace the lifestyles that E.L.F. members would seem to embrace. No cars and no electricity - they live off the land. But they do so without resorting to terrorism to push their agenda.

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If you don't mind, for us local people, where exactly did this happen? First I've ever heard of anything like this happening around here. I drive my Viper quite often, and occasionally park it out of view while having lunch or dinner. That really *****. Why can't we just see one of these SOB's while they're doing the act. It would cost me more to have their DNA removed from the exterior of my car than the re-painting. I hate it for you!

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont get mad get even!! Cut down a perfectly good tree and leave the logs in the offenders yard with a sign
"Just Because!!!!!
yours truly
Corvette Club of America"

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about this, but glad your insurance will cover it. Strangely enough, I was reading an article recently about "environmentally unfriendly cars" and the Viper wasn't one of them. And here are some "fun facts" I read in that article that should help educate your local E.L.F. vandal:

Great post!!! This is excellent (and fun!) data!

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont get mad get even!! Cut down a perfectly good tree and leave the logs in the offenders yard with a sign
"Just Because!!!!!
yours truly
Corvette Club of America"

hahah i love that idea, Exept put the log in his bed like in the godfather, so he wakes up and slowly relises his tree has been cut down and screams :lmao:

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I wouldn't go out looking for who did it, as you may become a target for attention.

Just don't be afraid to drive your car, chances are they won't bump into your car again, and if they do, they'll get the message you don't care what they do to it, ---D

Seems like good advice. If it were me, I would report it to the police, go to the absolute best place you can reasonably arrange to paint it, then forget about it. Trying to extract revenge only brings you to their level.

Last edited:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to invest in a camera(s) that give a 360 deg view for security. These same ******* Elfs are the assholes that pushed biofuels...not realizing that cutting down all the corn and other vegetation for fuel has:

1. Greatly increased food prices, corn feeds cows and pigs, and US.
2. Increase greenhouse gases b/c vegetation aborbs CO2 emissions.

Someone should scratch those guys' eyes out and give them drugs if they are not on them, and take the drugs from them if they are on them!:mad:

Last edited:

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Called my insurance,they said take it wherever I want & it is fully covered but it still makes me mad. I've had the car less than a month & this crap happens.

Also,what are the odds a paint shop is gonna do as good a job as the factory on this. The paint on the car (previously) was the best factory paint I've ever seen.....no trash,no orange peel,just about perfect.

That is my gang, and unless you convert your car to bio-diesel we're coming back next week, and we'll write the word SANTA as well.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Like someone else said, be sure that the panels are removed and all parts such as emblems, lights, etc. are removed to be painted. Nothing should be masked. If the shop wants to leave the panels on the car, especially if it wants to mask off lights, emblems and such, go to another shop. If the insurance company won't pay the whole bill to have the job done right, then pay the difference out of your pocket.

And, also as pointed out by another poster, the factory paint is pretty good but it's nothing special. If you look at relections in the paint you will see considerable distortion from the orange peel. It doesn't necessarily look like obvious orange peel, but reflections will be distorted. You may not have noticed it before, but it's there because it's pretty much inherent in the basic OE process, even on good paint jobs. Most people don't notice the orange peel because it is subtle, they've never seen anything better so don't know the difference, and OE paint looks pretty good from most angles. At least until you get it side by side with a really good paint job where the orange peel is properly handled.

I know all this because I had a total repaint on my SRT just a few weeks ago. The shop did a demo spray for me on the trunk lid with three levels of finish on side by side sections: 1) OE (which had considerable distortion of reflections), 2) near mirror-like with very little distortion and 3) absolutely mirror-like with no distortion whatever. The difference between 1 and two was huge and very apparent when viewed side by side. The difference between 2 and 3 was striking, but not as dramatic as the difference between 1 and 2. I went with the second level of finish because going to the third level was just too expensive.

If the job is done right by a good shop, the car will look as good, if not better, than new.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're just impressionable kids that are suckered into believing that people are the problem. They'd rather eliminate the human race and let the animals take over. The real evil are the peoiple on top of these organizations. They talk about the evils of capitalism when they are the epitome of the worst in capitalism. Talk about "Big Oil"... it's all about "Big Green". The evnironmentally friendly movement has made BILLIONS over the years by hippies that hate capitalism. Follow the money and the free labor these dumb kids provide. Idealism gets expensive.

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of this Softuff:mad: I lived in that area for some time (Monroe) and experienced a keying on my then new BMW 750 while in CLT a few years back. The cops were never able to do much about it other than take a report. Unfortunately, there are people out there with warped values and jealousy who feel that they must strike out against those that have what they do not. I got it repaired and although it looked fine, I still get P.O.ed thinking about it. I feel for you but, you may as well get it repaired and hope that the dumb frockers will get their due one day.

Eldon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone keyed my Rangerover, I got it re-sprayed, insurance paid, and I forgot it ever happened. Thats what insurance is for, peace of mind IMO.

Just don't be afraid to drive your car, chances are they won't bump into your car again, and if they do, they'll get the message you don't care what they do to it, and it won't stop you from driving and polluting our environment. =D

Deam, Thank God I'm not the victim here, but if I were I would not comply with your
philosophy. I'm to much of a red neck for that.