Car Mags Can't be Wrong - Whiners, Don't Read

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Car Mags Can\'t be Wrong - Whiners, Don\'t Read

Mike,
Are you the MOST serious person on this board or what? Why do you take EVERYTHING so seriously? I think that the new car fell out of the ugly tree, but did you fall out of the serious tree? I said I was trying to back off. Trust me I've got lots of em and I was holding back to keep those who are not as "thick skinned" a little happier. I will not stop voicing my opinions on how I feel about the car. That is a given....but one thing is for sure. CHILL OUT!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Smokin,

I will concede this much... I was told by another Viperclub member who I met at Road Atlanta a couple of months back that he thought I was this big bad argumentative SOB based on what I post. I dunno.. I don't think I am like that. Stubborn? Yes. Enjoy arguing? Yes. Intend to PO people? No, believe it or not.

When I say I have been in this club for 5 years - I am not calling you a "junior" member - as a non-VCA member that would be hypocritical. My point is I have friends here, I have folks I respect here, and in addition to that I AM EXCITED TO GET MY SRT!!!! I can't WAIT to get it.

Now, given that, can you understand that when I come to the board to read about my new car - thinking maybe a magazine test came out, or someone leaked some more info... or maybe new pics surfaced - and all I read is "SRT *****" "Stratamaro" and the like - that it's frustrating?

If you could just see WHY it's frustrating I think everyone could be happy. I am just a guy who is excited about my new car and want to read about it.. I dont mind negative comments, but not in *EVERY* SINGLE THREAD until the end of time.. ya know?

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,
You can go make a positive comments ONLY thread. I will refrain from commenting. I cant control what others do, but If I say anything, it wont be negative. Hows that? Its great you have a ton of enthusiasm about your new car, but that shouldnt be the reason for a huge population here to stop voicing their opinion about the car. Unfortunately, our opinions are negative. Trust me, I wish they did a better job. Before they released pictures, I was looking forward to the Gen III.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Smokin,

Ok, good... we can agree to disagree.

I am writing you a PM right now - I have no desire to restrict the free speech of anyone, but I would also like to be able to know that I can make a post like "hey Steve, and news on the SRT?" without 20 people posting saying "yeah, this just in - SRT is ugly!".

That, and the fact that I dont want to see valuable (in my opinion) posters leaving because they feel this is a hostile environment are my only movitations for arguing this with you or anyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187