car not starting, need help

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is extremely strange. Completely stock 05, 1700 miles, excellent cond. Last time I drove it, a couple weeks ago, ran perfect. Went to pull it out to detail, and it just clicks when the ignition button is pressed. Sounds like the starter isn't turning the engine... Anyone else have this? Any ideas?? Again, a totally stock car that until now has run flawlessly, I'm shocked and have no idea.

Thanks,
Tom

OP
OP
T

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy crap. I was so freaked out I may have overlooked the obvious. I truly hope you guys are right. Thanks, I'll let you know.

Tom

N

Nobody

batteries are short lived in very low use cars like these..it's just time to replace it ..should be under warranty...i am on battery #3 in my 05........... mine is low use aswell..it's just a toy gotta change the battery ;)

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it the battery or just the cables? My Viper was having a hard time starting and then was completely dead. The battery cables were oxidized/ crusty. I cleaned them off and the car started right up.

Jim

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny mine died this weekend also but that was after a month of sitting through the cold spell in NY. A quick jump and she was set to go...