Car viper door wont close

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car door wont close. The battery on my car died. So i used the key to manually get in. now when i try to close the it doesnt close like
its not latching on or something. I dont think its electrical because first i dont think car doors closing have anything to do with that so i dont think its the battery being dead. and 2nd the passenger side door closes fine.

im going to charge the battery and see whats going on. but has this happend to anyone? where the driver side door wont close? i appreciate any help.

2004 SRT-10 Conv

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean when you close the drivers door it just bounces right back open and the latch is just staying open? If so then your body control module needs to be reset. Just unhook the battery for 10-15 minutes and hook it back up then turn the key on but dont start it the car will do a self check and should reset that door latch. Has worked for me on my 06 coupe.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it should shut with a dead battery- see if the latch on the door is/needs to be triped- you can open the door from the inside handle with a dead battery- the latch in the door is probably latched in the close position,unlatch it with a screwdriver

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fixed! battery died.. used the key to manaully open door which didnt reset the lach. changing the battery reset the latch and were good!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960