Car Winterization Event

What do you think of this idea?

• Great Idea! I'll be there.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a definite maybe - I'll check my schedule.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No thanks - I'll handle it myself.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I'll come if you can't put together a South Sound event

• Maltby is too far. I'll only come to a South Sound event.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently got to thinking about getting my car winterized - you know, oil & filter, air filter, gas stabilizer, battery check, anti-freeze check.....the regular stuff. And then I thought, well, I'll bet a lot of other folks are probably doing the same thing - and wondering when they can get their car in for service before the rains hit.

So, I called Cam at Maltby Motorsports and asked if he could arrange a special day for us - and make it a club event. Cam will figure out exactly what services everyone should need, put together a package price for us, and clear out his bays. I'll volunteer to show up, cook hot dogs, and socialize for a few hours, and we can all get our cars in and out quickly, and taken care of for the winter.

So, the big questions are: Who all would be interested in coming to such an event? With the rains due sometime in late October, we will have to put this together on very short notice, so how does October 11, 18, or 25 sound? Is there enough interest from South End and Bremerton area folks to do a repeat event in Tacoma or Olympia (if we can find a facility)?

Please reply quickly with your interest level, and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Steve

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - here's the long-awaited update. :lmao:

I've received 6-8 positive responses, 3-4 no thank-you's, and a couple of folks said they'd show up for the event, but don't need service. So, we're on! :headbang:

No south-end specific interest.

Janet says that Cam can only do it on the 25th. They're still working on exactly what the package should be, and cost. They'll probably bring in Cam's son to assist, so that everyone can be processed reasonably quickly. I'm going to pull together a BBQ, food, open-tent, and chairs so we can all make a peanut-gallery outside the garage (to stay out of Cam's way). :eater:

I'll get another update out on the package and price, as soon as I have the info. But for now, please reserve the 25th! Approximately 9am - 3pm. :2tu:

Thanks,
Steve

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....and now for the final update! Here's the package from Cam & Janet...

See you all this Saturday, between 9am and 3pm!

Thanks,
Steve

Viper Winterization Package

Change Oil and Filter, Check All Fluids, Check Air Filter, Test Battery, Test Coolant, Check Trans and Diff Fluids, Add Fuel Stabilizer, Check and Correct Tire Pressure, Inspect for Leaks.

Parts and Labor = $250

*If a battery, air filter or fluid change is needed that will cost extra*
*Cash or Checks prefered. MC / Visa accepted with a 6% surcharge*

*Battery Tenders available - part and installation = $55*

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this on the 25th?

Like I said before I would show up just to hang out but I dont need any work done.

Is there going to be a goo turn out for this?

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes-this Saturday, the 25th. :omg:

Current feedback is 7 cars for service, if everyone shows that indicated yes; 1 maybe, and 2-3 folks like yourself that don't need service but might come out anyway. 3-4 "no thanks".

So, yes, I'm anticipating pretty good turnout - maybe 10 cars in all. And since the weather forecast for Saturday is good (so far), I'm really optimistic! :headbang: Break out the tunes and sunscreen!! :2tu:

Steve

vwiper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I heard the Husky games starts at 9pm? If so you can not hang out with Vipers to 1pm.
But I can't remember really who the Huskies are so do not consider me an expert on this one. :)

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was even a burn out competition at this event... you know, to get the smoke off the tires before winter!

Thanks to Steve for organizing and for MMS for their hospitality and to all the Viper owners who made it. For those that RSVPed and didn't show... you missed a nice relaxing event.

Now my Viper is a hybrid.... !!!