Car won't go into gear

OP
OP
L

Lexciting

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I stand corrected, it is the Pilot Bearing. It is a Dodge Viper tech at the dealer. I haven't been ******* the car at all, it just started being nice enough to take her out. I was wondering the same thing when they resurfaced the flywheel. I always thought you just get a new one because it wasn't worth the trouble and a new clutch with a resurfaced flywheel meant shorter lifespan of the clutch. The tech also informed me that the slave cylinder was "sweating" or leaking oil. Now I am like what the heck is going on, you all replaced that least than a year ago.

The car has about 45K on it now. I put 20K on it in 3 years with my replacing the clutch, slave cylinder, and having the flywheel resurfaced.

I definitely will be asking for parts and explaination. Are there any Viper techs in MD/VA that are VCA recommended?

Question: With the above parts being replaced (thinking that since 94 those parts wore out in time), what can I expect with shifting (better 1st gear response perhaps?)

Last edited:

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Car won't go into gear: REASONS FOUND!!!

I'm in Maryland, what "Viper Tech" looked at the car, and which dealership did the work in the first place? Sounds like they need to make it right........

OP
OP
L

Lexciting

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Car won't go into gear: REASONS FOUND!!!

Waldorf Dodge. I actually had good service with those guys, it is just the amount of repairs needed in less than a year, especially the slave cylinder unit leaking when it was replaced by them.

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest going to Bryon Muller if you are unable to get those items replaced under some type of defect warranty. I have not needed to contact him for anything, but others in the MD/VA area have had excellent results with him.

703-241-9362 is the contact number I have written down for him.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live 10 minutes from Waldorf Dodge. I thought I read here that at some point Byron was the VT at that dealership..