Car won't start - I'm stumped

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Car won\'t start - I\'m stumped

Bonk- you might want to double check all the weather stripping around the rear hatch glass. Thats a butt load of water to collect in the trunk.

But for falk sake people these are JUST CARS, it's ok to drive them in the rain, it's ok if they sit in the rain, hell it's ok if they get a little dirty once in a while. I've driven mine to work and let it sit in the parking lot all day getting rained on, guess what, it didn't melt. A car is built to be driven hard and enjoyed. I firmly believe my car LOVES getting the living chit kicked out of it on a regular basis and being dirty vs. the daily zaino ******* and a life spent in the garage.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

To say Bonkers cant afford his car is nonsense. Hell, he won an 05 Competition Coupe (I bought the ticket before his and if I would have bought 2 friggin tickets that car would have been mine instead of his but that is another story). Anyways, its nice how some people pre-judge others.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Tom...sorry, Bonkers ( I think I threw myself off looking at your avitar...guessing a 1996 instead of noticing the "Cobra" lines...I'm old and senile !!!). As it happens, I also have a Gen II fuel pump relay in my hand...Mopar box says part number is 04848193.

I'm SURE that Chuck can get one for you...but, if not, same offer holds.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

But you would have probably kept it and used it instead of selling it because you could not afford the taxes. Being able to buy a raffle ticket does not prove financial capability. It can indicate the opposite. Remember how Bonker's car looked before the raffle money allowed it to get painted and such. I also think a Viper should be garaged. Or at least covered. To sit out in the rain and snow year round is just cruel. Like I said I would not treat a dog that way.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are we worried about acid rain or what? My Gen 1 has been outside since 1998. It has 85,000+ miles and was quickest in the NY/CT vs. NJ autocross... against many Gen 2 and Gen 3 cars that are probably kept inside. I enjoy it 11 months a year, from inside the cockpit. I don't think I'm missing anything.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GR8 I can not agree with you more. Wonder what the excuse is on why the can not build a simple 25 X 25 garage. LOL

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys probably don't like it when people tell you how to drive; why are you telling people how to park?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I lived in an old house that had no garage. I bought it as an investment because I knew a lot of new construction was going to start soon in the area. I never built a garage because is would have made very little difference in the value of the place and I never planned on living there too long. I kept a couple of Vipers, a 911 Turbo, a Gallardo, and a Ford GT all outside. I kept them covered of course, but they were still outside. I caught all KINDS of [*****] from my friends about it! To me a car is a car. I like my cars, but they really are made to be outside. That being said, Bonkers probably IS too broke to handle up on a garage. I'd say that you can't blame a guy for being poor, but that bastard is way too lucky to not have wads of cash everywhere!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In his deleted post he mentioned that his garage was under renovation and that is why it was outside. Didn't answer why it was uncovered for a lengthy period enough to leak 2 or more gallons of water though.

I guess I care too much about my cars to treat them like that. But to each his own.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

BigCarrot - I have a very nice garage which, at the time,
was being used for both of my jeeps and my V10 Satellite
project. Also my car was covered. Gr8 knows all of this,
he's no fool, my guess is he's fishing for something. What?
I have no idea.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bonkers, you mean your car was covered and still let that amount of water in?

Not fishing for anything. Just explaining it was not the lack of a garage. I could not remember the specifics of why the garage was not available as you deleted the post where you explained it.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Bad fuse - thanks to Tator for getting me the new one so
quick. After a quick battery re-charge and a little bit of
attitude she finally gave in and started up. I still haven't
found the source of the leak, but its something that will
have to wait until spring now. Thanks again for all the
help.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad it was a cheap fix Bonks. Now to find that leak...nobody likes a mistress with a leak. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: