Carbon Fiber Cowl

BlackViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a carbon fiber cowl as well as real carbon fiber interior for a '99 gts. I know Vipair and SVS has one for sale but their websites are down.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to look?

Thank you in advance.
~Tyler

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Partsrack too. Steve (Vipair) goes by GTS-R-001 here, try sending him a PM.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, any pictures of the carbon fiber cowl? Maybe they've been posted before?

Thanks

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3992carboncowl.jpg

3992carboncowl2.jpg

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why carbon? To what purpose? Got too much money to burn? Instead of carbon get a car color FRP painted one from Jon B with vents. Will look like the car came that way as it should have 1/2 the price of one in carbon that still dsoesn't match the car. GTS Bruce

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO the body colored cowls make the car look weird. The carbon is a nice subtle touch that effectively rids the car of the ********* piece of plastic.

Rob

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wierd?? IMO it smothens out the shape with less break up of the lines. If its the vents you are interested in alone its easy enough to do them yourselfs. Bruce

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe some folk like the look of the carbon fiber? I'm not a CF fan on most cars BUT I actually think the cowl looks great. Maybe you can find us a plastic cowl that's painted in CF?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had both, and like both but now prefer the look of the CF cowl. It flows better with the black door moldings.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you can find us a plastic cowl that's painted in CF?

Wait, what? You mean take a normal cowl (fiberglass) and paint it to look like CF? I have the AutoFormGroup vented cowl for my GenII (fiberglass). I think it was $279 at the time.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wierd?? IMO it smothens out the shape with less break up of the lines. If its the vents you are interested in alone its easy enough to do them yourselfs. Bruce

I'm with you man. I just had my cowl painted to match the black...looks awesome and can't get enough compliments.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painted from what? They COME black!

Or was yours white to match my hood vents... :love:

Sigh...:lmao: I had the cowl painted/clearcoated just like you would paint a door or any other part of a car. Basically, it matches the black paint that the rest of the car is already painted in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960