carbon fiber decals

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so all that said, if one was to apply REAL carbon fiber emblems that replace the original mopar set (strictly for looks) is it still considered a ricer mod or only the vinyl set would be considered the ricer mod?

Sorry, still "ricer" either way in my court. :smirk: Not "poser" though. You will qualify as a high-end ricer with the real carbon fiber ones. The guys who'd really want to save weight would just remove the emblems ! We will let you slide on this one though.

BESIDES WHY THE HECK IS THIS WHOLE VCA WEB SITE SIMULATED CARBON FIBER BACKGROUND???

LOL !! I had the same thought when it first came out. ! Maybe the programmer thought that it would make the site run faster ! :2tu:

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, still "ricer" either way in my court. :smirk: Not "poser" though. You will qualify as a high-end ricer with the real carbon fiber ones. The guys who'd really want to save weight would just remove the emblems ! We will let you slide on this one though

Haha, I can live with that, better than a full blown ricer:lmao: now if I can only find the real ones, anyone wanna make me a set:D

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP... maybe give one of our site supporting vendors a try. Vipair does a lot of carbon fiber work. While I don't think they have what you are looking for they may be able go to get a custom set done or point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy some CF sheet and have them lasered.

I've emailed several different companies that advertise their work online and have not received 1 reply:dunno: I guess the little man don't count, they probably don't wanna deal with a small job, I've also pm'd Steve from Vipair and that's a no-go, so I'm stuck with mopar factory, painted or naked.
by the way is that your Red with white stipes GTS with CF splitter? where did you get splitter? niiiice.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop emailing them and call. I run less than 25% success with web inquiries, but they always answer the phone. The file is available at brandsoftheworld dot com.

Dave, throw me a bone, I can't find the file, any other clues:confused: thnks
never mind I found it, was checking wrong website

Last edited:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't put faux carbon fiber decals on your car.

I am starting to hate that term more and more lately.
I used it alot myself, but only when it was well deserved.
Now the term "RICER" is used every time someone don't like something about another person's car.
It should be used accordingly like for those Honda civic kids that put huge tail pipes and even bigger spoilers on their joke of a race car.
I got called a "ricer" for my hood pad by someone on here and thought that they just don't get the term.

Ricer doesn't only apply to Japanese cars, a commonly used variation is domestic rice. Which would apply to a Viper for things like painted hood pad, non-factory stripes, fangs, GTS style fuel doors on RT/SRT convertible, chrome/polished accents, faux brake caliper covers, many of the rear wings, faux carbon fiber parts, anything associated with flames, etc.

Nick

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricer doesn't only apply to Japanese cars, a commonly used variation is domestic rice. Which would apply to a Viper for things like painted hood pad, non-factory stripes, fangs, GTS style fuel doors on RT/SRT convertible, chrome/polished accents, faux brake caliper covers, many of the rear wings, faux carbon fiber parts, anything associated with flames, etc.

Nick

Wow, I didn't know that. My viper must absolutely be a 'domestic ricer' since I painted my hoodpad. I guess I should feel bad now :dunno:. From now until eternity I'll start all my discussions about my viper with...'Well, it's a domestic ricer...'. Thanks for setting me straight. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't put faux carbon fiber decals on your car.

Nick

Well, in that case it appears that the vast majority of Vipers in this forum is in one way or another considered a RICER:omg:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well ...... I was thinking about a GTS fuel door for my vert, I'll have to nix that now :( Wouldn't want to be thrown into that Domestic Rice camp :rolleyes:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a way to break up all the YELLOW on my RT/10 (not interested in making it a bumble bee). I have red brake calipers and I just added red tow hooks. I was thinking about going with black emblems, but the carbon fiber idea is growing on me. I don't give a rats ass what the haters think...it's my freakin' viper. Chuck, send me a set.

Flame away...I'm a big boy. ;)

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much are those things? $170??? Send me $100 and I'll send you some real CF emblems.

Chuck, wth were you waiting for? I haven't shaved in a week try' n to find the carbon fiber emblems, "i'm in" send me payment info:2tu:

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't give a rats ass what the haters think...it's my freakin' viper.

Now that is the best statement I've heard yet when it come to modding a car. Let the armchair judges say what they like.

Maybe "Ricer" = Modder. Then we can be proud to be caller ricers,
or maybe it should just be reserved for those extreme cases of poor choice by car owners.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much are those things? $170??? Send me $100 and I'll send you some real CF emblems.
Great man!
For the detail of the emblems and amount of c/f needed, that's a great price for a one off.

Wow, I didn't know that. My viper must absolutely be a 'domestic ricer' since I painted my hoodpad. I guess I should feel bad now :dunno:. From now until eternity I'll start all my discussions about my viper with...'Well, it's a domestic ricer...'. Thanks for setting me straight. :rolleyes:
I'm trying to come up with a way to break up all the YELLOW on my RT/10 (not interested in making it a bumble bee). I have red brake calipers and I just added red tow hooks. I was thinking about going with black emblems, but the carbon fiber idea is growing on me. I don't give a rats ass what the haters think...it's my freakin' viper. Chuck, send me a set.

You're really taking this seriously. Having second thoughts about your mods? ;)

Well ...... I was thinking about a GTS fuel door for my vert, I'll have to nix that now :( Wouldn't want to be thrown into that Domestic Rice camp :rolleyes:
Well, now you know what other people are thinking. ;)

Well, in that case it appears that the vast majority of Vipers in this forum is in one way or another considered a RICER:omg:
There is a lot of crap available for these cars.

Nick

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like that MGW garbage people put in their interiors... *shudders*

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would this Viper be considered a San Franciso Treat???:dunno: it has at least a few "major" after market mods but either way it's the badest Viper I've ever seen:eater:

Attachments

• Ricer-Viper.jpg
    Ricer-Viper.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 34

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got your back here. I kick back when people diss my dodge decals. Usually end up having to close the thread when I'm done with you.

Just do it man. And post pics so I can slam the slammers.

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would this Viper be considered a San Franciso Treat???:dunno: it has at least a few "major" after market mods but either way it's the badest Viper I've ever seen:eater:

That's so "Rice" it should be sponsored by Uncle Ben :)
Must be Cajun rice cause that shizat is HOT!

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you telling me that your previous post wasn't serious? It sounded like you are the authority on this topic...which I doubt you really are...(insert sarcasm smiley here).
I gave a list of examples of things considered to be rice/ricey/american rice. It wasn't aimed at telling people not to do these things.

That's a good looking car.

I should clear up the stripe comment because I was very vague. Dual stripes that are not the oem width. Basically when someone makes their Viper stripes look like this:
You must be registered for see images

Nick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187