Carbon Fiber Leather Install

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The suede in the seats was not looking very good so I had the local upholstery shop, which does good work at a a very reasonable price, install carbon fiber leather in place of the suede. The leather is very good quality. I tried to find silver leather and failed but finally found this carbon fiber silver leather from Upholstery Leather Supplier - Upholstery leather hide for interior auto, hot rod, & motorcycle seats

This install looks better in person. The upholstery shop is going to touch up a couple of places on the drivers seat later this month.

100_7131_edited-21.jpg

100_7126_edited-1.jpg

100_7128_edited-2.jpg

V

Venomiss

This looks like it turned out pretty nice. How does it feel to the touch in comparison with the old seats?

caseyse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This looks great. My '08 will approximate your colors, GTS Blue with the graphite bezel and grey seat inserts (although yours looks like they will be nicer than mine.)

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great-so much better

Its a very nice soft leather. The upholstery guy said he had been around leather for a long time and this was one of ,if not the best, leather he had installed and it was a thick leather with a soft feel.

I got the leather, over half a hide, for 75.00 plus shipping. Had plenty left over.

I would like to get this leather on each side of the steering wheel but no one around here will do this.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caseyse

Sounds great-Can't wait to see your 08. When do you expect delivery?

caseyse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds great-Can't wait to see your 08. When do you expect delivery?

When do I hope for delivery:), I hope by year-end. I ordered from Roanoke in May. Since GTS Blue is in the first run, w. about 200 blue mixed-in with the 2 other initial colors, it's possible they could build the last blue in Feb. (when they would have built about 600 cars).

It really depends how many initial cars have been allocated to Roanoke, and how good Roanoke is in honoring their contracts (i.e., if demand is high and they can get more $$$, then my order will take a back seat.) I hope Roanoke has more integrity than other stealerships I've dealt with.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expect or hope it will be worth the wait. Hang in there.

The big problem I am having is--I have the 6 point harness system for both seats and I hate to cover up the leather. But, as I have mentioned one other time, it will be worth it just to get to buckle up my wife in passenger side. Dog gone thats fun with the 6 point. She said when I had the belts installed "honey you told me it would take just a minute to buckle me up why is it taking 10-15 minutes". Whew-the heck with hiding the silver leather I am going to put the belts back in tonight if possible.;)

Man its great for a man my age to own a Viper. Its invigorating

V

Venomiss

When do I hope for delivery:), I hope by year-end. I ordered from Roanoke in May. Since GTS Blue is in the first run, w. about 200 blue mixed-in with the 2 other initial colors, it's possible they could build the last blue in Feb. (when they would have built about 600 cars).

It really depends how many initial cars have been allocated to Roanoke, and how good Roanoke is in honoring their contracts (i.e., if demand is high and they can get more $$$, then my order will take a back seat.) I hope Roanoke has more integrity than other stealerships I've dealt with.
I have heard nothing but good things about John. I don't know what cars or dealerships you have dealt with in the past. Don't pass judgement without all details available on anything.

I also think these seats would look awesome on a silver or red Viper with carbon accents.
Food for thought.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with Venomiss-heard nothing but good about Roanoke.

That would look awesome. I would rather have just the silver leather in my Viper but could not find it.

If I do put the 6 points back in here is a pic with them just tucked around the seat.

100_7112_edited-1.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960