carfax question ?

viper1day

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All
as you may of seen im over in the UK hoping to import over VIPER , as was just wondering on a carfax check if 20-30 records showing on a vehicle is a bad sign ??.
this is what shows up on some free carfax reports i have done , but before i start to buy the full carfax report , is a vehicle showing that many records , normally bad news ???

any help would be appreciated

many thanks in advance

Les

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not necessarily. If it is a car you are thinking about buying then yes, I would run the full report. However a lot of entries can mean the car has changed hands a few times, gone through a few services and still have no problems but has a few entries. I'll admit, that does seem to be a lot of entries depending on how old the car is.

However, keep in mind that Carfax/Carcheck, etc., is just an indicator. It is by no means an absolute guarantee of the condition of the car. Carfax only reports what is reported to them. A car can absolutely have had serious problems, serious damage but come up clean on Carfax.

Like I said though, even for Carfax that is a lot of entries. If it is a car you are considering, I would run the whole report.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont put too much faith in carfax...this is from personal first hand experience.

carfax = BS

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends...you need to see the Carfax report. CarFax is just one piece of information you should consider...it's not 100% accurate. Get a Viper Tech that knows what they're doing go over the Viper. I've seen older and/or regularly driven Vipers have their service history detailed on CarFax reports over the course of ownership. Over 10 years a couple of oil changes a year would accumulate 20 entries easily. Add on yearly/biennial registration renewals and emissions testing every couple of years and it can add up. But...until you see the report it's all a guess. Even then...don't trust it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte