Carlisle Caravaners.. Form a line here!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. With a little over two weeks before Carlisle I figured it was about time to make plans on who's caravan up this year. Last year we has a pretty good crowd head up and meet at Acellr8's place, this year I know many more who would like to join in the fun.

I'm planning on attending Saturday so anyone from the Philly, Wilmington, Balt, DC, or more southern points please raise your hands to be counted. Zoomie is planning on setting up a location for the Balt group and I'd like to get something set up for the DE/Philly crew.

Speak here and you shall be heard....

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there was a rendevous from D.C., headed by Ron and Mark, and I think one from Balt. led by Andy. Lee and I headed up late. We saw one of the worst pieces of rice ever. Early 90s Toyota Corrolla (4 door), Altezza-style lights, yellow painted stock wheels, clear turn signals, yellow and blue paint scheme, with vinyl graphics on only one side. Then a 5.0 Fox body Stang wanted to play. No where to go, so he zoomed off unimpressively. I won't be able to make this one, unfotunatly. Have fun to everyone that's going!

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
so far I have heard from George and Tom A (Md), and Dan (Pa)
we're in.. initial plan to meet at Owings Mills, Md (7 am?) for Md owners,
then up to York Pa ( by 8am ?) and the Pa owners, then Carlisle.
comments? who else ?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you guys contacted Ron Hickey? (if you don't know, I think you would, he's the VA/MD pres.) He can set stuff up and put it in your region section. Just e-mail him (I think his Viperclub.org screen name is Ron Hickey). Do a search and put in his s/n. Here's his e-mail: [email protected]

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have you guys contacted Ron Hickey?

Come now, Sean, do we look like newbies? Of course we haven't called Ron yet, if we let him into the loop then he'll look all wise and handsome for the run. Besides, how else are we going to keep him and Andy on their toes?

Seriously though this is just a casting call. Once we have a feel of who's coming from where then we'll get everyone involved. So far we have a nice group from DC, a small group from Balt, a Duo from DE and a solo from PA.

Personally I liked the 83 run because it's much more laid back than the 202->Tnpk route, but if we have a lot coming in from the Philly / NJ area we might have to divide that run up.

So far we have the Cockeysville P&R (the actual Cockeysville P&R this time Zoomie :) ) nominated as a meeting point.

Any others?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going Friday and spending the weekend? Jut going for the day Saturday? What days, What caravans? I am planning to go for the day Saturday. Rt 41 north Rt 30 thru Lancaster The bypass to 283, Tpk to Carlisle. I go the same route Spring, Chrysler, Summer, Corvettes, Fall. (gee maybe do spend too much time in carlisle?).

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Tsk, Tsk. Sean, Ron does all the Hard work, y know ? He keeps tabs on the region, gets the events set up and listed on the club pages. We're just
seeing who's gonna shake out the brake dust and actually participate, and try and see that the thundering herd is all headed in the right direction,
hopefully together and at the right time. Ask Lee if we know Ron.. hehehe.
Once in a while we actually do real work also, like hosting one or more of the
local events ( see Tony Roma's ), which helps Ron get owners together
and enjoy !
Steve, we're trying to get the Md people together at 7am, possibly
in Cockeysville P&R then to Pa and hook up there
with Dan, etc either York or Lancaster area around 8am.
So far Steve, TomA, Fore, George(Va), and me from Md..
Dan and Ed from Pa.. ( Kers?, Lauri?...)
oh, and latest pic:
34P6220029_-m-med.jpg

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys..hopefully, I'll see you all there, but I do not plan on bringing the Viper this year. I just finished the resto on my 72 Plymouth and it will be going to Carlisle year. I always enjoy bringing the Viper, and have not missed the Chrysler Carlisle show since it's inception.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez, I'm getting bashed upon by you guys just because I offered a suggestion? haha I tossed up his e-mail because I thought he did part of all the planning last year so he'd have that filed and stored for this year. I apologize for my comment in the parentheses, sounds pretty snobbish going back and reading it. Good work on doing your own homework, though, I commend you two! I know you guys know Ron; that's like saying do you know your gear pattern. lol

I haven't heard the official date for Carlisle, when is it?

Bonkers- of course I think you're a newbie, I've been here longer than you! :D just joshing ya.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
remember to put "Viper Club of America" on your entry form for the fun field. This will insure us plenty of parking and prime sparce for the years to come. see you there.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Lauri we'll miss ya bud, but have a great time where ever it is you're going...

Friday - nothing yet.

Saturday:
Okay a local dealership is putting together its own vipercaravan here in DE. The meeting place is Bob Evans at the 273/95 Interchange at 7am for breakfast. That group is expecting 12 cars so it will be a solid group to hang with.

The Balt Group is aiming for Sat morning as well in Cockysville. If we plan our rides well we may be able to team up with the DE group in Harrisburg and make a massive appearance at the show.

We'll need a place to meet outside of Carlisle if we want to make the grand entrance.

You can go HERE to pre-register.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Va-Md Members --

I am planning to head up to Carlisle Friday, leaving Northern Virginia around noon. I'll be staying overnight Friday and Saturday in Hershey. Anyone who's going to be up there Friday should give me a call and maybe we can get together for dinner Friday. I'll be sending out an email with Carlisle particulars to our Va-Md membership.

Saturday is the big day, with a hospitality tent and a catered lunch. If you're planning to attend, please let me know by July 6 so we can make sure there's enough food. As someone indicated above, you need to register for the Show Field/Fun Field. Cost is $35 (oops -- make that $45!) which includes 3-day admission. When registering, please specify your Viper Club affiliation. We are trying to make sure that they don't give away our show field space to a Mopar vendor in a big rig, like last year. If you come up for Saturday only, be advised that traffic through town gets pretty snarled after 9:00 am.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Cost is $35 which includes 3-day admission.

Ron - Carlisle website says $45 admission for field. Check the link above, maybe I'm reading it wrong..

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Registered as VCA. Mopar etc. - stay out of our space !
Thanks, Ed.. you'll see. ;)
Ron ( thanks for note and info for region),
Bonkers.. what time/place to hook up in Harrisburg - ? 8am ??
Then we can plan a time for Cockeysville Park & Ride (I-83 exit 18)
for the local Md group to meet.. ? around 7am..??
Too bad, Lauri. Have a good trip. We'll take photos.
Ed / Dan - Any one else from Pa - Matt ?, Kers ?
Hey, Andy: Can we ask Carroll Shelby to visit ?
He came to the Luke AFB races.
Mark

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Group 1 -- Cockeysville 7am.
Group 2 -- Bob Evans 273/95 7am.

Jay Brown of Price Toyota is heading up Group 2. He has a least a dozen set up now. We're still planning on meeting in Harrisburg once we have a place there established.

Everyone is welcome to join in.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in. Already have the registration. Are all you guys coming up on Friday or Saturday or both days. I'm only 25 minutes from Carlisle, so what time do you guys plan on arriving? Bonkers? Ed? Zommie? Dan? :D

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think we're looking at Harrisburg around 8-830ish, Carlisle is another 20min??? You'll want to get in touch with Jay as *I think* his group is heading up by the Hersey Plant.

I don't think our two groups are going to be able to meet up. I'm still working with Jay about joining together outside of Carlisle, but he's expecting be at least an hour behind us.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ok, Tom and I are going to hook up Sat morning in
Owings Mills - Hilton ? at 6:30-6:45. We'll stop at the
Cockeysville Park and Ride I-83 exit 18 at 7 am.,
and anybody else from Va/Md region going with us.
We can stop in York at around 7:45, then try and hook up at
Harrisburg at 8:30.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
zoomie & Bonkers,

Myself and Dan will be going Saturday morning from my house, we could meet up with you guys at the gas station right off of I81 and Front Street Harrisburg at what ever time you guys get up here.

Also, any one interested in coming up the night before and having a beer or two Friday night, let me know you are welcome to stay at my shack and crash the downtown scene in Harrisburg in the Vipers.

Kerry,

What time are you heading down to Carlisle, I will try and give you a call this week and see what the plan is.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ed, give me a call or e-mail me with your new#. Friday night for a few sounds like a winner. :D We can hook up Saturday morning also, just give me a time and place. Or discuss on Friday night over a few cold ones

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far the weather outlook seems okay for this weekend. I will be leaving the Philly area first thing Friday morning with my '72 Plymouth in the trailer. It was a tough decision, but the Viper gets the weekend off, as I said above...I am bringing my just finished resto.

Carlisle here we come!

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Okay guys last call. If we don't know you're coming up we can't be expected to wait up for you. Cockeysville leaves at 7, Newark leaves at 8. Email Zoomie with questions on the Balt group and email [email protected] if you're interested in the Newark group...