Cat upgrade on otherwise stock exhaust. Recommendations?

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am told this will possibly reduce the cabin heat and maybe improve the sound a bit. Roe has 2 1/2" high flow units that are a bolt in with 17-22hp claimed. Partsrack has less expensive "mid flow" Random tech units that look like welding is required. Anyone know how these two compare? On a non Viperclub approved vendors site I saw a Random Tech cat offered for the Viper where it mentioned an installation kit was required. Could this be a different cat from the one offered by Partsrack? Anyone?

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to ask if anyone has any spare aftermarket cats for sale and go with what is available. There's not much difference between the two.

DrDJ

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got Sean's ovals with an otherwise stock system on a Gen 2. The HF cats DO make the side sills cooler and make the exhaust note slightly louder, though far quieter than the aftermarked cat back systems. If you've ever picked up the stock Gen 2 cats, you also see how much weight you save.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remove the cats.

The aftermarket cats will still cause the side sills to get very hot.

Main reason to remove the cats should be cabin heat and side sill health. Power is just an added bonus.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just don't forget why the cats are there in the first place...Emissions in my neck of the woods are a serious PITA and I'll never do another OBD-II compliant car without cats again.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am told this will possibly reduce the cabin heat and maybe improve the sound a bit. Roe has 2 1/2" high flow units that are a bolt in with 17-22hp claimed. Partsrack has less expensive "mid flow" Random tech units that look like welding is required. Anyone know how these two compare? On a non Viperclub approved vendors site I saw a Random Tech cat offered for the Viper where it mentioned an installation kit was required. Could this be a different cat from the one offered by Partsrack? Anyone?

If you mentioned the year / model I MISSED IT. The Year Matters.
If you had an email in your profile, I could have replied there.
If you call, I will help you.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 (side exhaust) and did the Roe Hi/flow cats with the exhaust at the same time. Definitely GREATLY reduced cabin heat and side sill heat. Not 100%, but more than 50% which I felt was great....JonB is right....Your year totally matters though...Give him a call he will take care of you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang