CCW Wheels

Discussion in 'Tire , Wheel, Brake and Suspension' started by Red Mist Viper, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Red Mist Viper

Red Mist Viper Viper Owner

Anyone using CCW wheels or have used them in the past? I'd like to know your thoughts. You can PM me if you'd like. I tried to conduct a search but the info was too limited. Thanks, jim

2. Simms

Simms Viper Owner

I have CCW SP600s, and I also had their drag racing package. Great wheel and great customer service.

3. Ricketts

Ricketts Viper Owner

Lots of CCW owners on here. Quite a popular wheel, I have a pair of classics I'll be using for my track wheels.

4. hou99gts

hou99gts Viper Owner

Same wheels as Simms, both of our cars are on the CCW website, love the wheels and John was a great help with all my questions.

5. Red Mist Viper

Red Mist Viper Viper Owner

All,
    I certainly appreciate your valued input.
    Thanks again, jim

6. Viperless

Viperless Viper Owner

Beautiful quality built wheels. Heavy. Pain in the butt to keep clean if you drive your car. Road trash gets kicked up and hits the lips leaving little dings/pits in the surface.

7. Frank17

Frank17 Enthusiast

I have them too, how do you keep them polished. Look great just a lot of work.

8. AbsolutHank

AbsolutHank Viper Owner

I've had three sets of CCWs...they are awesome quality, with great customer service, lightweight, and probably the cheapest forged wheel option out there. Here is my old CCW 505a 19/19 on my SRT:

[​IMG]

9. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast

Are you looking for track wheels or street wheels ? CCW has quite a few styles and finishes available for the Viper. The comments about hard to clean and about polishing really don't seem to be unique to CCW; just, applicable to whatever finish that the owners decided to have CCW produce the wheels in and that would apply to any brand that you buy.

CCW has a very good reputation on several of the forums that I checked them out on.

10. KenH

KenH Enthusiast

I have the 505a's in 19/20" and the wheels and tires are a little lighter than stock, so not sure where the 'heavy' comment comes from.

I talked to John Purner about keeping them looking good and he uses a commercial version of Flitz polish to polish the wheels at the factory. I use Adam's metal polish and Poorboys wheel sealant and keeping the wheels looking good has not been a problem. I only have to hit them a couple of times a year.

Makes a big difference if you have a low dusting brake pad and I use the Hawk HPS to keep the dust to a minimum.

11. tucker

tucker Enthusiast

Those kill the 360's. Hard to beat that set up. Simm's six spokes are a good looking wheel too.

12. GNon18s

GNon18s Enthusiast

CCW 'classics' look good on anything! I have my eye on the 'C14' but couldn't find any image of them on a viper.

13. ViperBite

ViperBite Viper Owner

While the majority of the owners like the wheels, my customer experience is quite different. I received SP600 for my 02 and was very disappointed with quality of workmanship.

Wheels were absolutely filthy upon receipt. It took me 30-45 minutes per wheel to clean the residue from their polishing process. And they missed alot of areas that I am still working on after a year of ownership. And yes, their customer service was poor when called. Thus, my problem however almost solved.

Be prepared to maintain them to retain the high polish. Not a bad deal if you realize this ahead of time however if you want maintenance free get them painted, coated, etc.

Personally I am not happy with the look of my wheels and will likely sell and get something different. They just don't pop with my bumblebee. Again, my only issue with CCW is their lousy customer service. I may be one the few with a bad experience but they are likely better than average when you read all the info available on them.

Looking closely at the OZ racing wheel at partsrack.

14. ViperPWR

ViperPWR Viper Owner

I have a 2 sets for another car (505A and a drag pack) from CCW. Great customer service and the wheels have worked outstanding. They do need to be polished to keep them in top shine. :2tu:

15. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Viper Owner

I highly recommend CCW wheels. I have had 2 custom sets from them and they worked and looked perfect. Call John Purner in Daytona where the shop is and he will really take care of you. His prices and service are great too.

16. Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse VCA Member - West

Complete Custom Wheels ---- some of us have run these wheels for so long we get confused, as John Purner ( Daytona ) got into the wheel business supplying alot of wheels to racers. I ran his rims on my Viper over 10 years ago, and I know Mark Jorgensen ran them that long ago or more on his autocross car. Purner wheels, as we all called them back then , are a super quality rim at a very good price. Nothing much has changed and I would recommend them to friends and enemies, ha. Great product , great company, and you can't go wrong in my estimation - just got to remember to tell folks to get CCW rims and not Purner Wheels!

Sincerely,
    Bill Pemberton
    Woodhouse