cd changer keeps failing

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this can be caused by. The 1st stock deck I had went bad, meaning, the radio works but not the cd changer. I can't get them in or out and can't change the radio to a cd. Also, once in a while the radio shuts off then resets. Programmed channels are still there but it goes to AM 530. I had it replaced by a viper tech, same thing within a week, then I had one shipped from the dealer I bought the car from, 3rd time same problem. This made me susoect it's the car and not the deck. CAn anyone help? I do suspect thet when I used a self tap wire to add my V1, ( it tapped into 2 other wires b4 I got the right one) I may have caused this to happen. Any suugestiouns, and also, someone who can handle this is south orange county, thanks.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My radio/CD has never been right since I got my car in June. I can tell you that the reason the radio goes to AM 530 is due to an intermittent loss of power. I would bet that volume goes to "1" and that your clock goes to 12:00.

My fader and rear speakers have virtually no sound as well.

HOWEVER, I have not taken my car in for service yet since it is just too much fun to take time out for ANY intermittent radio problem!! When it gets colder, I will take it in to get the radio fixed.

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had my cd player go out also. Radio was find ,could not get cd out and would not play them .)srt 03 had it change out after the car was about one year old and had not had a problem been about a year now .In the shop now because there is a rattling sound in the middle of the dashboard below the air vents.

Tico

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My entire system (radio and CD) died one month after getting the Viper. Dealership installed a new system and sent the old one to the manufacturer. It's been over two months and I still haven't gotten my CDs (the ones that were in the changer) back. Haven't put any CDs in the new system for fear of the same thing happening again.

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tico call the dealership, they sent my back to them I had to call them ,and then the next day they call me and said that they had came in "yeah" they probably thought I would forget.Go ahead and put cds in because if they don't work you can get another new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi