Celica sight bad mouths Vipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper vs. Celica GT-S= well that doesnt even really seem fair does it? any chance a celica would actually have on winning is if the viper had 3 flats and a trailer hitched to the back full of 300 pound bags of concrete with a mexican migrant worker at the wheel, but does that stop me from pointing out the apparent flaws? No way. The viper is a pretty fast car but as an american gas guzziler it is my sworn enemy and any chance, whether relevant or not, to poke fun, by all means i will be poking fun! Again the celicas style alone puts you in a class far exceeding the vipers (although those freaking large *** grippy back tires do make me drool a little...)

My curiosity is awakened when starts to talk about the flaws with Vipers...hmmmm, and then he proceeds to say that a Celica is better looking than the Vipers. The sight is http://celica.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000053.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 2001 190bhp celica. Its a great car and may be the best allrounder I've had, but no way is it in the same league as my viper, like most *** cars its super efficient but just lacks character. It doesnt inspire me to go on the celica forum. But it sure sounds good when it hits 6k and goes round to 8200rpm, kind of tingles.

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just thought it was funny how they thought the Celica looks so much better than the Viper.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the new celica shape, and I definitely am pleased with the look of mine(17" wheels, thunder gray colour,no less) but some people equally dislike the shape - and usually tell me so ! But its still not a viper
smile.gif

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a 1990 Celica GTS. Not a bad car. I haven't driven the new one but it kind of looks like a doorstop with spoilers. Very plasticy looking. Haven't been impressed with Toyota performance (quality, yes - but not performance) since the Supra. I had 3 Twin Turbo Supras before my Viper. Looking forward to their next NSX fighter!

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, What is that silly person thinking?!?!? The best "Celica" that toyota ever made was the Celica All-Trac. 3S-GTE motor, Turbo, AWD, with a liquid-air intercooler. That was a rally car straight from the factory.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After all that citicism, i still like my celica
biggrin.gif
, but not as much as my viper
bounce.gif

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another typical import forum, where the members claim to have roasted a C5 Corvette or a Cobra! Usually, they take their sardine can racer and dump a ton into modifications and then go out and race a bone stock American car at a downtown signal light. Then they come back and brag about how they beat a mighty SS Camaro by so many car lengths. The Celica does the qtr. in 15.7 - I wouldn't speak of racing in the same sentence as this car! My one and only import (that will thankfully be gone soon) is a friggin' Volvo and even it will trounce a Celica.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely not going to prod this topic any further. This is the viper forum and I guess I didn't realise my humble everyday little celica was such a piece of ****
embarass.gif
. But its a lot better than a cougar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte