Center console / drink holder

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wanting drink holders in my car and ordered another console lid and am going to take it to a shop and have them mess with it to custom form the lid into 2 cup holders, was thinking of like a raised viper emblem or possibly a snake curling up. Has anyone done something like this and if so, have any pics. I like to drive my car and would like a place to hold my water and with the way I drive, it never stays in the "small cup holder".

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my 02 FE GTS there was a cup holder (heavy) on the inside of the lid of the little compartment between the seats - that "part" had to go immediately!

Useless weight :D and who needs a cupholder in a Viper :dunno:

You asked...:cool:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wanting drink holders in my car
:crazy2::nono::nono::nono:

Sacrilege!!! :omg: Run man, before the lynch mob arrives. Hell, even I might say "buy a vette" and I hate that saying. lol

it never stays in the "small cup holder".
AAAHHRRGUH! I can't stand it! :dunno: Shoot me now. :lmao:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got two of those net looking beverage holders in each of my Vipers. Got 'em from Tator. They're great for cell phone, soda bottles, etc. They go on each side of the console in front of the seats.

I can;t imagine making a hole that big for that chrome ring...consoles are just too expensive for that.

Last edited:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I am wanting drink holders in my car and ordered another console lid and am going to take it to a shop and have them mess with it to custom form the lid into 2 cup holders, was thinking of like a raised viper emblem or possibly a snake curling up. Has anyone done something like this and if so, have any pics. I like to drive my car and would like a place to hold my water and with the way I drive, it never stays in the "small cup holder".

That's because it's NOT a cupholder:

notacup.jpg

..and from what I remember... Herb had another version of the decal that said....

"Not a F^%$! cupholder"

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I did. When I'm on a Sunday cruise, with the wife,:omg: we like to have our double-double coffee's. In order to save "all that weight", I can remove the cup holders, with the wonder of Velcro :).
CupHolders_001.JPG
;
CupHolders_002.JPG
;
CupHolders_013.JPG
;
CupHolders_015.JPG

CupHolders_016.JPG

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a Stealth TT years ago, and the cupholders were inside the center console lid. Kind of awkward to shift when there was coffee in there, but the other 98% of the time it was fine.

Ever think of putting one of those autozone dealies under the center console lid?

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's because it's NOT a cupholder:

notacup.jpg

..and from what I remember... Herb had another version of the decal that said....

"Not a F^%$! cupholder"

You'd think Herb or one of the guys working with him would have driven down to the local Dunkin' Donuts and measured just how big a cup of coffee is, or measured a can of coke, and made that not-a-cupholder slightly smaller so that cups wouldn't fit. Or they could have used industrial strength glue so the ash tray could not be removed from the not-a-cupholder.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know why the car would need an ashtray either because there's no way anyone's smoking my car.:nono:

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it's sacreligious to have a cupholder in a car, but it's ok to smoke in it?

I think you're all nuts. There have been plenty of road trips in my car where I'll need water on the way.

And... if it's not a cup holder, it's a great bottle holder while tuning:

You must be registered for see images attach

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you. What the hell is wrong with having a place to put your drink while you drive--especially on a long trip? Better that stashing a bottle of water under you seat to later have it roll to the foot pedals! :omg: Sometimes this silly facade of "masculine/macho/testosterone" crap that certain common things should NOT be in a Viper is just silly & laughable. And no, I don't want a Vette... :lmao::lmao::lmao: JMHO

I think you're all nuts. There have been plenty of road trips in my car where I'll need water on the way.

And... if it's not a cup holder, it's a great bottle holder while tuning:

You must be registered for see images attach

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll let someone drink in my car LONG before they smoke in it. You have a better chance of selling crack ******* out the passenger side to the Pope than you do of me letting you smoke in any of my cars.

Precisely, yet our cars come with ash trays.

I don't see harm at all in someone drinking in a car. I use the "Not a cupholder" for my waterbottles almost every time I drive the car.

I don't seem to find the harm in it either.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with the above... NO SMOKING either. I use the thing for a change holder.

And your right, the no cup holder thing is just a fun, macho thing. But there is a realistic side to it as well. Driving the Viper should require all your attention. Taking a drink of whatever diverts your attention. Then you could say, "Why is there a radio then?" and many purists would agree that there shouldn't be!!

OK, I have to admit I've occasionally used the "cup holder" to hold a can of coke on a long cruise. But please don't tell anyone. ;)

Reaction score
For Gen 3 I took the ashtray out, and used it for a Zephyrhills sport top water bottle, and it fits perfectly.

No smoking and drinking anything in my cars, except water and that includes my clients

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the best solution I've seen yet. I don't typically drink in the car, but on occasion when the wife comes out with me, a quick removable hideaway holder is actually cool.

This is what I did. When I'm on a Sunday cruise, with the wife,:omg: we like to have our double-double coffee's. In order to save "all that weight", I can remove the cup holders, with the wonder of Velcro :).
CupHolders_001.JPG
;
CupHolders_002.JPG
;
CupHolders_013.JPG
;
CupHolders_015.JPG

CupHolders_016.JPG