CF Wrap and stuff...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, at Vinyl Images, changed my wrap from semi-gloss black to 3M CF

(Please excuse the messy shop....:smirk:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed a gloss vinyl "Fangs" on drivers side along with "track kill" on drivers door...

Last edited:
OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Are all of those wraps seamless?

I really like the idea of wrapping instead of repainting. I love my wet black now, but I know it's only a matter of time before the inevitable nicks and chips will accumulate. The CF looks fantastic on a center banded ACR.

The car looks great. Can you share the ballpark cost for this sort of "partial" wrap in the 3M CF?

Thanks,

Rich

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Are all of those wraps seamless?

I really like the idea of wrapping instead of repainting. I love my wet black now, but I know it's only a matter of time before the inevitable nicks and chips will accumulate. The CF looks fantastic on a center banded ACR.

The car looks great. Can you share the ballpark cost for this sort of "partial" wrap in the 3M CF?

Thanks,

Rich

Thanks. I really like it.

My old 3M wrap lasted for two full years of tracking. It held up very well. I would probably still have it if the Armco at COTA wouldn't have jumped out in front of me....:smirk:

I paid $1500.00 for the new wrap.
(This price is probably discounted as the owner of the company is a friend. I say "probably" because I don't know the going rates..)

This included;
-removing my old wrap (same as CF but was more gloss black)
-installing the CF wrap
-Gloss vinyl "Fangs" on drivers side rear quarter

The line you see behind the hood scoop is the clear bra. The wrap is installed over the clear bra.

Last edited:

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for the details. Even $2000 doesn't sound too bad for completely changing the center section of the car. Especially with the curves and angles of the roof section; that looks like it'd be REALLY difficult to cover perfectly.

Does this type of wrap pass a "12-inch" close inspection? Or are a certain number of small creases, edges, bubbles, etc. simply unavoidable? Granted that the skill of the installer is everything, of course...

Rich

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow great job, i'm wondering what a red ACR stripe would look on this (photoshop pros.......)

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treesnake,
Did COTA come after you for $1250/ft for that armco you smashed? Just wondering how tough COTA is going to be and if its going to be worth risking going to the track if they're gonna be all pissy about their stuff.

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treesnake,
Did COTA come after you for $1250/ft for that armco you smashed? Just wondering how tough COTA is going to be and if its going to be worth risking going to the track if they're gonna be all pissy about their stuff.

No, COTA didn't send me a bill,.. for anything. The city of Austin did send me a bill for getting checked out in the ambulance...:crazy2:

The people that worked at the track were probably some of the nicest people I've met at a track. They were very helpful and accommodating. They actually said they enjoyed us being there because were were all running around like kids at Christmas....
The employees told us that the owners only want to see $even figures on a contract and weren't intereststed in track days,
HPDEs' etc...

More pics of the fangs on the driver side!!!