Chad and the Heffner Team hit Texas, ready for the Supras!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, Heffner, GaryA made it to Texas yesterday. Put in the new tranny last night. We'll see today how it works out!

Chad is out to destroy the Supras! He won't hold back anything, as he seems to always be looking for the toughest test. Much respect for that!! :2tu:

He won't stop at Shattering the 6-speed record, that the Supra's held for quite some time. Now he's out to get their top Dogs on their Turf!! :headbang:

You gotta love it! :2tu: :2tu:

Good Luck to Chad and the Heffner Crew again!!

Chad, throw some AC/DC in that custom stereo(that you refuse to take out) and run a 7 in front of ALL!!! :2tu: :D

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a blast (we're all sunburned!) and Chad and Jason have a lot to be proud of. Chad set a new record for highest 1/4 mile MPH in a Viper (beating his own previous record) at 176.5 MPH. His best ET of the day was 8.29 sec. which beats his own record by almost 1/2 second (the previous record he held was with a six-speed). It also beat Henness.y's record by 3/4 of second for an automatic Viper. WOW!

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that head-to-head, Chad beat the fastest Supra 8.29 to 8.30! :2tu: I had to be awesome to watch that race!

Chad had a turbo go out, and had to bow out gracefully!

Chad's car will hit ran 8.2xx a couple times with a bad tranny, and only a couple days of testing.
It won't be lone until he's in the 7s!

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that head-to-head, Chad beat the fastest Supra 8.29 to 8.30! :2tu: I had to be awesome to watch that race!

Chad had a turbo go out, and had to bow out gracefully!

Sounds like limits are being reached?

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
limits :rolleyes: !

i dont think so Chad will run 7 just give him some time, Congrats to Chad and the Heffner team you guys are awesome :2tu: . Mbn

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i dont think so Chad will run 7 just give him some time, Congrats to Chad and the Heffner team you guys are awesome :2tu: . Mbn

I am not saying that it has anything to do with Chad as a driver/financer. If the cars parts are starting to go out and show signs of lacking reliability...one can only think that limits are being reached. This is all I am trying to understand.

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am not saying that it has anything to do with Chad as a driver/financer. If the cars parts are starting to go out and show signs of lacking reliability...one can only think that limits are being reached. This is all I am trying to understand.

We'll have to wait and see how long it takes to hit 7s and how many problems they have in their attempts.

What is AMAZING is that after Chad ran his 8.75 with the 6-speed, he changed tires and drove it around town later that day! :2tu:
Now that's reliability!! :headbang:

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is AMAZING is that after Chad ran his 8.75 with the 6-speed, he changed tires and drove it around town later that day! :2tu:

Please understand that I am not trying to be negative in the least towards Chad and/or the set up. Yes, after bradenton v10 nats he put it back to street trim and went to dinner with us. This is amazing, to say the least. I am just curious ,as I am sure everybody else is...when will it kind of peak and be right on the limit. I would love nothing else then to see that car hit 7's. Hell I hope I see it in person! That is freakn' moving. They have set the bar for sure! Should be interesting to see what other tuners and buyers/drivers come out with in the near future.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

THAT sure is big props to Heff and Chad just simply AWESOME.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of rwhp did the car run? What kind of hp does he need to run to beat the record for the supras? Or did he already?

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of rwhp did the car run? What kind of hp does he need to run to beat the record for the supras? Or did he already?

He already broke the record held by the Supras, which was the 6-speed world record.

Chad's new record stands at 8.75! Now held by a VIPER!!! :headbang:

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jayson, I don't think the turbo letting go has anything to do with getting close to the limits. We were far from "all in" with the combination. We will know soon enough as it is going in for an "autopsy."

Stu, motor is a 510.

We did take the Supra's other record this weekend of quickest and fastest "street" car with independent rear suspension, which is quite a handicap over a solid axle.

It was a great weekend.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chad now I know (when I can swing it) what stroker to get.

Did they feel that the 542 was too much?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool now I know what im going with.

Thanks Chad and once again CONGRATS to you and the team, Wish I was there would have been priceless.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on kicking their a**! What kind of rwhp is the beast putting down? 1300 or somewhere close?

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, since we are discussing Supras, does anyone know what the quickest-ever Supra quarter mile time/speed is? (Street and pure race)

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Around 1600 on the 176mph pass. There is a lot left.

One year ago, everybody would have laughed if 1600rwhp was mentioned in the same sentence as Viper!! :p

Nothing like "baby steps"! :D

Flawed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would bet there is a lot left. I wouldn't of laughed at 1600rwhp. You have cars with almost half the displacement making around that power. I think what your starting to see is people actually starting to get it right.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jayson, I don't think the turbo letting go has anything to do with getting close to the limits. We were far from "all in" with the combination. We will know soon enough as it is going in for an "autopsy."

Thanks Chad for setting me straight. I am glad to hear that it wasn't at full potential. I sure hope your all able to find the cause and get her back up and running...so that we can read of its' FULL potential! :2tu:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would bet there is a lot left. I wouldn't of laughed at 1600rwhp. You have cars with almost half the displacement making around that power. I think what your starting to see is people actually starting to get it right.

someone gets it. there'll be more and not all from one place...

the only limit is the castings and so far no one has broken a block. if that happens there are numerous other options.

the limits? a front mount setup could run a solid 6 and be street legal - but not a daily driver in the "stock" sense of the word - street legal in Pro Street sense.

I didn't think a low mount daily driver could run a 7, but Heffner seems about to prove me wrong on that... if so - thats awesome for him and Chad - I figured an 8.2 for that design - which they have already achieved. Still - it is a jump from 8.2's to 7.9's - but it is possible on a trap speed of 176mph for sure if the chassis hooks. I think Chad will get his 7 sooner or later

when the money and expertise hits the front mount setups - watch the records get reset... until then it could be a long wait till Chad has anyone who can run him

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good points but the most important, high 1.4 sixty-foots. That alone is a seven once sorted.

Found out today I was lifting before the line as stopping was a MAJOR priority.

This car will run eighties at 180+.

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad,

Do you plan on running your car in any standing-mile competitions? I think we'd all like to see what that beast can run! I think last year or so, Paolo Castellano's supercharged Viper ran 193 mph and SVS' (turbo) ran 200 mph in their standing-mile attempts. What do you think your car would run, when set-up for the mile?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang