change or not to change ?

vinnieviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know its prefrence but....... has anyone had car totaly changed color ? i love my bee but tempted to change.. questions ?? stripe or not to stripe ? i was going to do sidepipes in car color only not with black in middle? and i sure like the new burn orange color.. just a wuss to change..

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not easy to do it right but i can be done. gonna cost ya though. find a good shop ya trust and see what they say about a color change.

what year and model ya got ?

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it makes the car more difficult to resell. Most people would wonder why the whole care was repainted and maybe shy away from it because they think it might have been damaged or is non original.

On the other hand, if that what makes you happy and you think you'll enjoy it in the new color for at least a few years or so, just go for it.

OP
OP
V

vinnieviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing.. i have 95 r/t 10 38k on it.. i bought it on ebay which i would tell anyone dont believe anyone .. pay to have it looked at !! but runs like a beast and local viper tech said all looked good underneath.. but so many little marks i could not take it anymore.. so its all ready to be painted.. the family and friends consensus is viper yellow and black stripes as it is. now..

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Document the condition of the car now, and throughout the repaint process. When you decide to sell the car, it will be good documentation to have. An 11 year old car w/38K miles on it being repainted is not totally out of the norm, especially since you say it has a bunch of marks on it. The fact your car has stripes painted on it already lowers the resale value of the car.

Bottom line is if repainted the car will make it more enjoyable for you, then just do it!

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about selling your car and buying the color of your choice? A total repaint is gonna cost mega bucks to do RIGHT.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It will probably cost around $8K to have a total repaint.
It will turn out best with front and rear facias off, hood off, and side sills off.

It didn't bother me to change the color, of course the car already had issues.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. I have a yellow 01 that I'm thinking of having strips painted on. Bumble bees are fairly rare. Might make sense to sell it, and get what you want.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go with what you like... resale on these cars seems to stay pretty close, even when comparing a mint car to one that is pretty bagged (within 15k)...

just don't paint it like the one on ebay (flames etc...)

I suggest Joe Burley in Austin as he does the best paint work I have ever seen. On a project this big make sure you take the time to pick the right body shop...

OP
OP
V

vinnieviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks everyone for input.. im staying yellow with black stripes... the front and rear facia are both off.. side sills are off too.. all lights ,, hood is still on but may as well come off since needs adjusted down. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ADJUST IT DOWN ?? needs to be further down on headlights. im at 5k now for the job from a friend who i trust his work completly... will post pics as soon as it gets home !!

OP
OP
V

vinnieviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks everyone for input.. im staying yellow with black stripes... the front and rear facia are both off.. side sills are off too.. all lights ,, hood is still on but may as well come off since needs adjusted down. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ADJUST IT DOWN ?? needs to be further down on headlights. im at 5k now for the job from a friend who i trust his work completly... will post pics as soon as it gets home !!