Changing Brake Lines, hard?

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking car to track events 5 to 7 times a year, does it make sense to change brake lines to the SS metal lines?
If so, is it hard? Will I need to do whole brake fluid flush after this change to avoid possibility of the air in the system?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Pretty simple job.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine leaked after I installed them. Turns out that I tightened the support brackets (on the hard lines) before tightening the hard lines to the ss lines. It must have been SLIGHTLY off. Just be sure to loosen all of your brackets before tightening the hard lines to ensure you get a good seal.

On the front lines, I had to hammer the brackets that come on the ss lines to match the stock brackets (you'll have to remove the front stock brackets). They were at the completely wrong angle. And, as someone mentioned, the left and rights are marked incorrectly.

OP
OP
Y

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked on the Stoptech site and could not find any instructions for the SS lines installation.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine leaked after I installed them. Turns out that I tightened the support brackets (on the hard lines) before tightening the hard lines to the ss lines. It must have been SLIGHTLY off. Just be sure to loosen all of your brackets before tightening the hard lines to ensure you get a good seal.

On the front lines, I had to hammer the brackets that come on the ss lines to match the stock brackets (you'll have to remove the front stock brackets). They were at the completely wrong angle. And, as someone mentioned, the left and rights are marked incorrectly.

I just installed a set on my '06 yesterday. Got them from Jon B (shameless plug). The fronts are marked INCORRECTLY. The mounting brackets on the new lines are bent at a 90 degree angle. that factory mount brackets are at a 75 degree angle. Match the angle to the factory ones and you will be fine.

Loosely assemble everything together, then tighten the hard lines to the hoses and then tighten the mount brackets down. Bleed the brakes and drive the heck out of it.:drive:

Steve A.

OP
OP
Y

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a set on my '06 yesterday. Got them from Jon B (shameless plug). The fronts are marked INCORRECTLY. The mounting brackets on the new lines are bent at a 90 degree angle. that factory mount brackets are at a 75 degree angle. Match the angle to the factory ones and you will be fine.

Loosely assemble everything together, then tighten the hard lines to the hoses and then tighten the mount brackets down. Bleed the brakes and drive the heck out of it.:drive:

Steve A.

Thank you. I actually getting my SS lines from JonB today, and plan to install them on Saturday.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had read Steve's post before doing mine, be sure to tighten hard lines to hoses before tightening mounting brackets or you WILL get leaks! Also, per Stoptech advice they recommend tightening the lines to the hose, then loosening, then retightening to ensure a proper fit.

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure and upgrade the fluid to a higher boil point such as Motul 600. once your brake fluid boils it no longer will stop your Viper...

:drive:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery