Changing RT-10 for GTS

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm possibly wanting to change my 1996 RT-10 for a 1996 or 1997 GTS. The RT-10's a great car and I've had great fun with it. However, I'm ultimately wanting to take a Viper back to the UK with me and, after some research, I realise that the RT-10 in it's basic state is too impractical given the tendency for wet weather in Scotland! Proper windows will be necessary. Also, for security purposes, doors that lock will be required. So I may be in the market for a GTS right now.

Alternatively, can anyone give me advice as to whether an aftermarket glass window conversion and some door locking mechanism fitted to the RT-10 would be a workable compromise? Bearing in mind that the car would likely to have to be driven now and again in the rain. Any advice would be most welcome!

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're better off selling the RT/10 and buying a GTS than trying to retofit windows into your RT/10. I did the same change you are considering. I've been driving the GTS much more.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure why you're looking for a GTS, tho - if you're going to get rid of the '96 for a '97, remember that '97 RT's have windows and locks also, btw. :cool:

OP
OP
V

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is true but I'd like the extra structural integrity of the GTS also. But I have to admit that a 1997 RT-10 is a third option.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with your choice. I understand where you are coming from for the GTS but I have a feeling you are going to want that top off sometimes, especially since you have already had an RT/10. Go with a newer RT/10, you will be happy you did.

OP
OP
V

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Currently living in the Sac Valley, the top doesn't come off too often as it's so darned hot June-Sept! And the rest of the time there's a risk on rain. And the wind messes with my hair! And the hard top is such a pain in the ar*e to get on and off. I think the GTS is the way to go :cool:

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hamish...Get that thing on a Dyno, and it might change your mind...

Funny, I never had any issue with messing my hair up :nana:

Tomer

OP
OP
V

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tomer,

If we can locate a good dyno let's make a day of it and get those numbers once and for all?! I'm keen to see what power's there as I'm sure you are!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960