Check Engine light fluctuating this evening?

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off I got the car back with the new Differential last friday afternoon. Was out of town all weekend, just got back in town, cleaned the ride up nicely, took it around town. Weird thing, Im makin a right turn notice my flashing blinker, then the check engine light was on. It was really sunny so I tried shading it with my hands just to make sure the light wasnt catching it at the wrong angle. I make the turn, pound on it... everything feels normal. Light turns off. Sitting at the next stop light, Check Engine light again. So I make a U turn, hammer it on everythings fine,the light turns back off so I turn left back into my subdivision cruise home, no light. I'll take it out later and see if it acts up again, the car is running fine, the gas cap was closed, the only thing I can think of is a Faulty 02 Sensor. But im not familiar with them throwing the check light on and off like mine was today. Any experience?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The light comes on with a diagnostic trouble code. It normally goes off only after many successful (i.e. trouble-free) drive cycles (engine cools enough, then warms up again.) It's not typical that it goes off during the same trip as it came on. Visit your local AutoZone and they'll plug in a diagnostic reader for free and tell you what it says. (The store will like the publicity and if there is something amiss, will be first in line to sell you the part.)

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE:
make the turn, pound on it... everything feels normal. Light turns off. Sitting at the next stop light, Check Engine light again. So I make a U turn, hammer it on everythings fine,the light turns back off so I turn left back into my subdivision cruise home,

Sounds like you need to hammer it more often lol :2tu: :D

OP
OP
N

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the pounding on it more often. Before I purchased the car I had a feeling it was sitting around for a while, because the first day I got it it was slow. It needed to be ran, for a while. Then I think I finally got her in shape, and the diff went out. Now that it's back, all hell is breaking loose around my town. But once again, im heading to New York this week.