check engine light

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, crap!! I got in the car to drive it into work today, and the check engine light was on. It wasn't on when I parked it Wed. night. It is running fine, just that blasted light. Doesn't make sense that something would go wrong just sitting in the shop. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a scanner after work and see what went south. So much for going for a cruise after work.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Are we to assume that it is a 2002 Viper?

My wild guess-of-the-day-is: cam sensor.

Grab a code reader and let us know!!

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take a guess...o2 sensor.

You win the prize!!!! Bank 2 sensor 1. Cleared the code and went for a 60 mile drive for a couple beers, and no light. It was doing this when I first got it.? All sensors tested OK, so I guess it's just a glitch??

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll also guess it's no glitch. They seem to die slowly so be prepared to replace it. It's not a big deal.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your code was a P0155 (passenger side upstream, before the cat), mine was a P0135 (driver side upstream, before the cat). Mine came and went for a couple of weeks and then just came. I was skeptical at first also so I switched both upstream sensors and I got the P0155, so I was convinced my O2 sensor was bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang