Checking pcv valve on rt/10

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I found in the manual how it's done, but just wanted to check if I understand it right.

I just pull the valve off with the car idling and push my finger on the valve ( so not on the part on the engine where normally the valve is placed?)
Next I push the valfe back and pull the make up air tube from the engine at passenger side ( and leave the other side on the airfilter box) and let the car idle for a minute with a piece of paper on the place where the make up air tube normally is mounted ( so not on the tube?)
If the piece of paper is getting sucked to the grommet on the block, it's ok and I shut off the engine, pull the valve off and shake it, when it rattles everything is ok, when one of the steps is not ok, I buy a new valve

Please let me know if this is all correct.

I got this info from the 97 service manual, I got a 92, but my manual is in the car which is at the garage. Guess the procedure is the same

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap it if it's old. All that thing does is allow the air in the engine to re-burn through the intake.... Positive Crankcase Ventilation

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just ordered a new one, 10 bucks...

question still stands though, still want to test the system after the install in order to check if lines are good and everything functions as it should.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte