ClamBake

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Members .........:hello:

The Clam-Bake is coming up on us really really soon...........:D
I have two decisions to consider since the club is no longer subsidizing the cost of the event...:dunno:

The entire cost with the menu, as it has been for 6 years...all cooked, catered and served plus clean up included.
1 1/4 lobster, steak, chicken, steamed clams, corn on the cob, garden salad, red potatoes, strawberry short
Custom event N. E. Viper Cake, assortment of drinks (alcohol, wine and soda).
This also included the accessories like chairs, tables, table cloths, transportation for dumping.

The cost is $50.00 / mouth....your N. E. Viper club absorbed $ 15.00 / Member in previous years.
You may have wondered how the club could create such a great event for only $ 35.00.
Your club was kicking in on your behaft .
The club is allocating the funds to a different channel this year............ soooo..... the Clam Bake is on it's on.

I need to hear from all member's a.s.a.p....
Do you feel $ 50.00 is too expensive.??? ...:money:

This Question is to all member's and I need answers "like now".!!!!!

Would you rather the cost be lowered and not have any of it catered.???????

This would require club member to supply, cook , serve and clean-up the entire event...:omg:

My intension was to create an event where a member would relax, laugh, enjoy some fantastic automotive bling and muscle,
enjoy each other company, and laugh some more and of course, enjoy a great meal.

I did not expect any member's, member's wives and member's guest to wait on and serve any other members.
The function was for all members to enjoy each other, not to have the wait on each other.

Please ......I need to hear from you ....ALL......... including all you wife's.... :talk
It's your club.......... speak up...:aargh:

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all Viper club members: First of all, I want to say that Glen &Maria have been the gracious host for this event for many years. It has always been a relaxing social event where all members can visit and chat in a very informal setting. I am a fan of that. Unfortunately, the cost of the Clambake has risen over the years and the club has had to help defray the rising costs by contributing to the event. I realize that if the CLUB officers vote not to help with the costs, it may be a stretch for some members. This is a great event for the club members to gather and exchange ideas, stories and interests with other members. I would like to see this tradition continue. I am donating $100. the to event. This will reduce the cost by at least $2.00 per person. Hopefully the Club, will at least match me, thus lowering the price another $4.oo person. Anyone else want to join me and help keep this event alive this year?

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has always been a great event even though I hate seafood. 50 a person is a turnoff for me though. My opinion doesn't matter because I may not make it, depends. Either way it has been one of the best events each year.

steelgrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We would rather pay the extra $15. and not have to worry about transporting food in the Viper, setup, serving or cleanup. Just enjoy everyones company.
Thanks,
Mark and Fran

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There seems to be a little confusion on the board. I am looking for donations to help defray costs, not headcount!

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Glenn, Thanks for posting up about the Clambake this year. This event has always been one of the best for attendance and is one of my favorites for sure. In the end, I go to as many events as I can because of the awesome friends I have made in the club. It gives me a chance to see them and catch up. (Id rather talk vipers and how slow yellow cars are than the newest pair of designer shoes, lol sorry Dominique (she likes her shoes)) I'm always up for new ideas to switch things up but in the end it really doesn't matter to me, as long as everyone is happy and lots of members come out and participate then its a plus for me. I honestly don't know if $35 vs $50 will make a difference in attendance for our club (obviously less money is always going to be better cost wise, but at the expense of whether people want to pitch in and work is a good point, I think it really is a case by case basis), I for one will definitely be there whether its $35 or $50...Dominique may just have to pay her own way this year....lol j/k, and I know of a few others that will as well. I'm with Tim and will Donate $100 to help bring down the costs. In the end end all that matters is, don't buy a yellow viper. See everyone at the clam bake!

vipersrt8srt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI Glen I rather pay more money and keep it the same I as well will donate $ 100 to lower the cost. Wayne

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As president I have to really thank those in the club that are always so generous. That right there is why this is such a great club. Love you guys! Fortunately your individual donations are not needed, but appreciated.
For my wife and I this has always been a fun event and we too look forward to it every year. There are several OTHER reasons for the proposed changes to the funding of this event. The rest of the story is more involved than I would like to go into here on the public forum. See me if you must really know. There is nothing to hide. In general money this year has been a real concern. Not easy to budget for everything that we try to do. So trying to save the club money has become important. We are also looking to contribute to other events later in the year. Martin, Donna, and I were more than glad and willing to put a little effort into making this all possible. We had the cost down significantly.

As is turns out things changed just last Friday and this morning the best option we have to make this a successful fun event was sent to Glenn and the directors in an email that outlined this year’s budget for the event; $40 pp with the club kicking in a little as well. I know this adds another $5 to the event, but as Glenn has said that should not break anyone. FYI last year’s clambake cost $52 pp, and the Christmas party cost $45 (all inclusive). These are our two biggest spends for the club.

Looks like we have everything figured out and with a little lady luck the club has enough to make it happen. I hope we set new records for attendance to this awesome event.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glen No problem at all paying for the event $100.00 is well worth it. And no clean up or working just have a great time with all the members and our friends. We do own viper's!!!, and paying for our events should be no issue, Don't know why some are making such a big deal out of it.

Thanks and Can't Wait.

OP
OP
XTREMDRM

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for your mouth's to chime in..........:lick:.......Who's hungry for a good time.

Soooo Who's coming to the Clambake ...August 11, 2013

Joe will be sending out the Evite for sign in.
I will need to know who?...how many mouths ,? and what food will satisfy that mouth.

I kinda like the old method of club communicating so I am creating this ...........
beside, I kinda like the chatter and the comments from everyone....:push:
The more chatter, the more enthusiasm, the more participation and the more excitement
which will equal more vipers showing up.
Screw the lawn, :mow: it will be there tomorrow...come out and enjoy some crazy fantastic people....:panic:...:headbang:
Enjoy some laughs...:hahaha:..enjoy some drinks...:beer:...enjoy some great view ...:*****:...
enjoy some interesting conversation...:talk...and take home some lifetime memories...:hug:

Let's not monkey around any further...:mf:......

Let's Get Rolling ......All ....members ....:alert:alert...:newbie: and Old-bie's

So far the members signed in are :..
Glenn & Maria Cote.................2 lobsters....
Rick Desrosier........................1 lobster
Mark & Francine Heights..........2 lobster
Wayne & Jane Marshall...........1 steak... 1 chicken
Scott & Michele Tickler............2 lobster
Joe & Donna Mori...................2 lobster
Rod & Sharon Hanson.............2 lobster
Bill & Kathy Lombardi.............1 lobster...1 steak
Tim Cloutier & Alaina..............2 lobster
Martin Distlebrink & Dominic....1 steak & 1 chicken
Dave Kenny...........................1 lobster
Frank & Ziville Augello.............1 lobster...1 steak
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So far I have 12 viper....come on we can certainty do better than that.....

No more waiting ....:waiting:....lets get this rockin........:thankyou:

Glenn & Maria & Cooper...:dog:

Last edited:

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Glenn, switch me to steak and Dominique to chicken. I might sell seafood doesn't mean I want it lol. Cant wait!!

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to start a tread like I try to do for every event, but you beat me to it. Glenn, since this tread seems to be two separate topics now, does it make sense to still start a tread for the second topic?

Just so everyone knows Evite is still required. Please complete the evite as well. I think using this board to talk about the event is a great idea and I encourage it. Evite is there to keep some things private, like peoples phone numbers, addresses, meeting points, etc. It also makes tracking attendance much easier and more accurate.

We also have a private email list that can be used as Martin did for the Gloucester cruise. Members are all welcome to use it.

OP
OP
XTREMDRM

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you can not make it John....
hopefully 6 weeks of work is a good thing.
Your camera expertise & all you help will be missed.

OP
OP
XTREMDRM

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our President Joe has got the Evite out there so don't forget to sign in and be counted.

You must tell us your food choice...:oops:...:duh:

So far the members signed in are :..please also respond to the Evite.
Wayne & Jane Marshall...........1 steak... 1 chicken
Scott & Michele Tickler............2 lobster
Dennis & Sherri Brown.............1 lobster & 1 chicken
Eric & Melllisa Lotter.................
Fred & Sandi...........................

If, I have your information in-correctly ... be sure a speak up....:aargh:

14 viper ....and climbing....

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that our president has come through once again to save the day and this awesome event. He has been able to get the price lowered to $40.00. Granted, this is higher than he and most club members would like to see, but its the best immediate solution to keep the event going one more time. I hope everyone can come and enjoy one of more popular events the club has had on its calendar for many years, with thanks to Glenn and Maria as the hosts.

OP
OP
XTREMDRM

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much Time Left...Everyone's is :welcome:

So far the members signed in are :..please also respond to the Evite.

Wayne Marshall & guest..........1 lobster...1 steak
Dennis & Sherri Brown.............1 lobster & 1 chicken
Eric & Melllisa Lotter.................
Fred & Sandi...........................
Jimmy & guest........................2 steak
Russell & Kerri Myers...............2 Lobster
Chris & Kathleen Ruiz...............2 steaks

If, I have your information in-correctly ... be sure a speak up....:woot:

17..vipers ....and climbing....

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price very fair, full service and clean up no work for the members, Look at what Glen and Maria do to host the event, Money out of there pocket I am sure , we own vipers! look at what it cost to go out to eat for steak and Lobster, and I feel we should pay for all our events and keep the funds to run the club and do give aways etc, at events , I do not know of any other club that there members do not pay for events. Look at what it would cost to go out to eat for steak and Lobster,

OP
OP
XTREMDRM

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up - Date for all.....
Extended forecast is really looking good.......... Weather..... Dry ......:sun:

Time Left is short.......Everyone's is...:welcome:

So far the members signed in are :.. please also respond to the Evite.

Glenn & Maria Cote................................2 lobsters....
Rick Desrosier.......................................1 lobster
Mark & Francine Heights.........................2 lobster
Wayne Marshall & guest..........................1 lobster...1 steak
Joe & Donna Mori...................................2 lobster
Rod & Sharon Hansen.............................2 lobster
Bill & Kathy Lombardi.............................1 lobster...1 steak
Tim Cloutier & Alaina..............................2 lobster
Martin Distlebrink & Dominique................1 steak & 1 chicken
Dave Kenny...........................................1 lobster
Frank & Ziville Augello.............................1 lobster...1 steak
Dennis & Sherri Brown.............................1 lobster & 1 chicken
Jimmy & guest........................................2 lobster
Eric & Melllisa Lotter.................................missing
Fred & Sandi...........................................missing
Russell & Kerri Myers...............................2 Lobster
Chris & Kathleen Ruiz...............................2 steaks
Norma & Dick Hanson..............................2 lobster

If, I have your information in-correct ... be sure a speak up....

18..vipers are cruising.... :usa: :drive: :usa:

Tee shirts orders window will close Tuesday night

:birthday: To Jimmy From New York / Conn. Club

:birthday: To Kathleen Lyons

Attachments

• 1772.jpg
    1772.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 11
  • P1040869.jpg
    P1040869.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
XTREMDRM

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ClamBake

Up - Date for all.....MEMBERS

Extended forecast is really looking good.......... Weather..... Dry ......:sun:

Time Left is short.......Everyone's is...:welcome:

So far the members signed in are :.. please also respond to the Evite.

Glenn & Maria Cote................................2 lobsters....
Rick Desrosier.......................................1 lobster
Mark & Francine Heights.........................2 lobster
Wayne Marshall & guest..........................1 lobster...1 steak
Joe & Donna Mori...................................2 lobster
Rod & Sharon Hansen.............................2 lobster
Bill & Kathy Lombardi.............................1 lobster...1 steak
Tim Cloutier & Alana...............................2 lobster
Martin Distlebrink & Dominique................1 steak & 1 chicken
Dave Kenny...........................................1 lobster
Frank & Ziville Augello.............................1 lobster...1 steak
Dennis & Sherri Brown.............................1 lobster & 1 chicken
Jimmy & guest........................................2 lobster
Eric & Melllisa Lotter................................. missing...information please
Fred & Sandi........................................... missing...information please
Russell & Kerri Myers...............................2 Lobster
Chris & Kathleen Ruiz...............................2 steaks
Norma & Dick Hanson..............................2 lobster
Chuck Tator and guest..............................2 lobster

If, I have your information in-correct ... be sure a speak up....Now

18 Viper will be ...........:drive:.....:burnout:.... ............Cruisin....:panic:

The Tee shirts orders window will close Tuesday night
The Viper God's ... :dropdev: ... have opened the gates at Viper Heaven... :jawdrop:...Yes.... He is coming...:drive:

We will be blessed by "THE WIZARD"....he is so famous..:famous: attending once again....:hail: .

This is a very special honor and I, for one, am excited....:notworthy:...

Let the..." par - tay "...begin....:kazoo:

We have a bunch of MAYBE"S .....:omg: .....This could be another fantastic year... .... :yay:

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glenn. I put in for 1 lobster and 2 t-shirts XL & L. Anne won't be able to make it she is getting a new hip tomorrow. If for some reason I cannot make it tell Rod not to have a coronary I will send a check.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry me & the wife cant make it...baby sitter issues. hope to come to an event soon. appreciate the e-vite and e-mails.