Clear Bra Questions

DrugDoc55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey gang. My car has a clear bra on the front end, and I bought it used. My questions are as follows:
1. Can a clear bra be "buffed/polished"?
2. Can you replace them without damaging the paint?
3. Has anyone ever had success changing them?
Other than the clear bra, my car has very little paint issues that I can see or tell by looking at it. I want it to be as close to new again as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks!

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some clear bras can be buffed and polished, some cant. I would need to know which film oyu have on your car to tell you if you can or not. Removal is not a problem... been applying them and taking them off for years. The paint underneath will be as prefect as the day it was put on. If you park it out in the sun it will soften the film up and make it easier. Again depending on which type of film will determine how easy it is to remove. 3M is very tough to get off and usually leaves some adhesive behind... but that can be removed with 3M adhesive remover or alchohol.

Where are you located at? I may know of an installer in your area that can help you out.

OP
OP
D

DrugDoc55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't find a marking for the manufacturer of the bra, so I have no idea. The car didn't come with the information, it was a trade in at a dealership and they didn't know because they didn't put it on. I'm located in Northern Michigan. I would assume most installers are going to be located in the Southern part of our state, but any info would be helpful. I would try and do the removal/application myself but I have never done this before and don't want to mess it up - I love my car too much and don't want to screw it up. Thanks again.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have Venture shield on all my cars. It can be removed. Leaves very little adhesive behind which is easily cleaned off using 3M adhesive remover. Had to have it redone on my 06 after the addition of an 08 hood. No problem. Not sure if it can be buffed, but I would like to know that answer as well as I have a scuff mark on it from some flying rubber on the track.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haven't used it, but we carry this product.

You must be registered for see images

Listed @ $25. I can do $20 for VCA. Would love to have some feedback.

OP
OP
D

DrugDoc55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you need a electric/motorized polisher for the clear polish? If not I would consider trying it, but I don't have a buffer or anything related to one other than some elbow grease.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt recommend using a buffer on any film. It would be very easy to burn through it if your not careful. I have seen a fine polish used on film to get out black tire scuffs and other minor scratches... but I almost soley install and deal with VentureShield. As far as other films go I really dont want to comment on because I dont use them. Post some close up shots of your film and I should be able to tell you if you have 3M or something else. usually I cn look at the orange peel and tell what you have.

Drugdoc, what area of the car are you having problems with? If its something simple to replace I can give you some ppointers and you can swap the piece out. If its the bumper I recomend having a professional do it.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Directly off Adam's site:

Adam's Clear Polish is the first car treatment of it's kind, designed specifically to protect automotive clear bras and clear plastic headlights! Without special care, the 3M clear paint film material (clear bra) yellows and turns cloudy when exposed to the sun's UV rays. Clear plastic headlight lenses (used on all makes and models since 2005) suffer from the same affliction. Slow UV fade damage to these surfaces will cost you hundreds of dollars in replacement costs.

Adam's Clear Polish, when used as suggested, effectively blocks harmful UV rays, doubling the serviceable life of your clear bra and headlight lenses. Use Adam's Clear Polish 3-4 times a years and save hundreds of dollars in replacement costs, guaranteed.

Adam's Clear Polish is easy to use. Simply apply using and an Adam's Microfiber Applicator Pad, allow time to haze, then buff off with an Adam's Super Plush Microfiber Towel.

TIP: Do not use abrasive polishes on your clear bra. Your clear bra is soft and any product except a non-abrasive polish or wax will dull the finish. Once dulled or yellowed, the 3M paint film material cannot be repaired. Adam's Clear Polish contains no harmful abrasives or cleaners and effectively blocks the UV light that causes yellowing.

OP
OP
D

DrugDoc55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
texas venom - as soon as I find my camera (probably with my wife while she is out of town) I will post pics of the bra. And yeah, of course it's the bumper area on the fron of the car right next to the Fangs symbol on my '06 coupe. So a pro job sounds like it will be in my future. Thanks for the info and look for pics in the next couple of days.