Clear mask in Phoenix

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What companies do clear mask in the Phoenix area? I am aware of an outfit called Protective Film Solutions, but I am seeking another option. If anyone had a good experience with a company other than Protective, please let me know. Thanks.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The body shop I use has a guy they send them to. I will post the phone number as soon as they call me back.

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What companies do clear mask in the Phoenix area? I am aware of an outfit called Protective Film Solutions, but I am seeking another option. If anyone had a good experience with a company other than Protective, please let me know. Thanks.

Not quite what you are looking for with my reply, but I'll throw it at you anyway. I have used Ultrashield - which is now protective film solutions - on 2 vipers and 2 SUVs. Both Ryan and Robbie have worked on my vehicles. Great experience on all of them. I had my Lexus done by the dealership and the film yellowed within the first year - bad experience.

I will continue to use Protective Film solutions over all others.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here at Danny's Family Car Wash our tint guys do not do clear bra anymore so we recommend a mobile guy named Chris Mueller. 623-204-9615

OP
OP
P

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here at Danny's Family Car Wash our tint guys do not do clear bra anymore so we recommend a mobile guy named Chris Mueller. 623-204-9615

Thanks for the tip.

If you don't mind my asking, how familiar are you with Mueller's work? Do you personally know him to do good work? And do you know if he does much custom work? I want more coverage than seems to be available with the standard pre-cut kits, so I'm looking for that skill. Thanks.

BTW, I'm curious to know why Danny's stopped doing clear mask work, as it seems like a very lucrative business. I recently had my truck done. It took less than two hours and the bill was $550. Sure, there was some material cost involved, but my guess it wasn't all that much...what, maybe $50 or less? And there must be some fee to be paid to the franchisor or at least a fee paid to buy the computer patterns. There is also the cost of the machine that cuts the material but there still seems to be quite a tidy profit in a clear mask job. And my guess is that an outfit like Danny's could generate a lot of customers, so why did they give it up? Just curious.

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite what you are looking for with my reply, but I'll throw it at you anyway. I have used Ultrashield - which is now protective film solutions - on 2 vipers and 2 SUVs. Both Ryan and Robbie have worked on my vehicles. Great experience on all of them. I had my Lexus done by the dealership and the film yellowed within the first year - bad experience.

Ditto.....Ryan did a great job on my Viper.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Phoenix SRT
The AZ Region Viper Club is having a clear bra "clinic" at PROTECTIVE FILM SOLUTIONS in Scottsdale on this Sat. between 10am and 12 noon. Along with the clear bra installation, there will be an install of the newest window tint from 3M. this tint just came out this year, and I am told it's the best ever! There will also be a Ladies Jewelry Party (something for the ladies to do while us guys are busy!), with a representative from Premier Designs Jewelry presenting this great jewelry at a very, very resonable price! Please come and join in! Also included is FREE lunch! You can't go wrong. Perfect weather, with a perfect car, and great socializing!
Go to the website at azvipers.com for directions. Any questions just call me!
Ken Krieger
AZ Region President
Viper Club of America

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If you don't mind me asking , How much did they charge you for the viper? TIA.

Last edited:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

If you don't mind my asking, how familiar are you with Mueller's work? Do you personally know him to do good work? And do you know if he does much custom work? I want more coverage than seems to be available with the standard pre-cut kits, so I'm looking for that skill. Thanks.

BTW, I'm curious to know why Danny's stopped doing clear mask work, as it seems like a very lucrative business. I recently had my truck done. It took less than two hours and the bill was $550. Sure, there was some material cost involved, but my guess it wasn't all that much...what, maybe $50 or less? And there must be some fee to be paid to the franchisor or at least a fee paid to buy the computer patterns. There is also the cost of the machine that cuts the material but there still seems to be quite a tidy profit in a clear mask job. And my guess is that an outfit like Danny's could generate a lot of customers, so why did they give it up? Just curious.
I called our head tint guys and they said they have known Mueller for years and his work is exemplary. I do not know him personally.

We have 30 tint installers currently tinting about 160+ cars per day and they are maxed out. We have trouble finding enough installers - and with clear protective film being even harder/slower to install it just does not work for our business model. We also are the Madico and Huper Optik film distributor in Arizona and have a limited deal for the new 3M film mentioned above so selling the film itself is a big part of our tint business - but we do not have a distributorship for clear protective film. Our big problem in all our businesses is finding enough people to work (but I will not go on an immigration rant).

BTW we opened a new car wash at Tempe Marketplace on Rio Salado Parkway and basic car washes will be free until May so East Valley peeps feel free to head out there and get the daily driver washed.

OP
OP
P

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called our head tint guys and they said they have known Mueller for years and his work is exemplary. I do not know him personally.

Our big problem in all our businesses is finding enough people to work (but I will not go on an immigration rant).

Thanks for the info. I'll give Mueller a call. And yes, good help is very hard to find.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang