Clicking and popping when starting forward

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am on my second viper and this has happened to me in both cars. The first one we couldn't fix and now that it is starting with the one I have now, I am curious if anyone could lend a hand on figuring out what it is. Basically, when I am stopped and start to move forward, I hear a click and pop from the rear. Not that it is a big deal, it is just rather annoying. Here is the info on the car:

1998 GTS
SVS Stage 1 package
Stock brakes
Stock rims/tires
3.55 gears

Note: I occasionally have a squeal coming from the front wheels when I drive as well. ***??

Any help would be appreciated.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A click and pop from the rear end is probably u-joints.....have them checked. If your front wheels squeal without the brakes on I would guess that it's the wear indicator on the pads....how many miles are on the pads? If it only happens once in a while when you put the brakes on then that is normal.

OP
OP
C

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shoot you're in Bend....I'm in Klamath. What color is your car?

It is Red.

The pads are pretty much brand new with about 2k miles on them. The car itself only has 11k miles on it and this started happening around 9k miles. :(

Man Of Steel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your axle might be rusted. Needs to be removed, cleaned, greased and re-torqued.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant