Close enough. Dlm Paxton Pulley Upgrade Results

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
before and after graph with the smaller pully...didn't quite hit the target but I'm good with it until one of these local boys steps it up.

UPGRADED_PULLY.jpg

and for fun here is a graph with three paxton cars. All three of these cars took a different approach to upgrading the base paxton kit.

FASTOO (Greg) - Paxton, headers, R/T Cats, Corsa, B&G reflash, VEC 3, Upgraded injectors, extra in-tank fuel pump, no split second box

MikeR - Paxton, DLM cooler and tensioner. M&M headers, no cats, Corsa track, A & C Performance tune

ILLSMOQ - Paxton, DLM smaller pully, cooler and tensioner, Kooks headers, no cats Corsa track, DC performance tune

DYNOGRAPHMIKERGREGKURTIS.jpg

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Neat post.

That brown line on the air fuel (not sure who's car) looks a bit lean at the top end.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the brown or actually black line is Fast Too's car, the other is one of my runs and then Kurtis run.
His "secret" mod was definately enough to put him to where he edges me out, plus his 3:55's are helping him get a jump from a 3rd gear roll. But if I get the jump, he doesnt seem to get me. My lighter rotors really help out, but his Stoptechs are due in anyday and then Im done for.

Its ok, he can be King of the roll ons. I dont want to blow my motor. I'll stick to leaving him behind in the hills and from stoplights. :D

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that on a Dynojet? Mine made 704rwhp without a tune and a buddy of mine made 690 something and we had same mods. Now I have a tune and runs much better in the mid range as well as I had the DLM cooler and tensor and Corsa catback. Seems like you should've gotten 740rwhp to 720rwhp with 3 psi more. :dunno:

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that on a Dynojet? Mine made 704rwhp without a tune and a buddy of mine made 690 something and we had same mods. Now I have a tune and runs much better in the mid range as well as I had the DLM cooler and tensor and Corsa catback. Seems like you should've gotten 740rwhp to 720rwhp with 3 psi more. :dunno:

yes dynojet

your dyno numbers of your stock paxton car making 700+ rwhp, leave a lot of us looking like this -->:confused:

low 600's is the norm with a totally stock gen III and a paxton

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much power do you get from eliminating the cats?

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the brown or actually black line is Fast Too's car, the other is one of my runs and then Kurtis run.
His "secret" mod was definately enough to put him to where he edges me out, plus his 3:55's are helping him get a jump from a 3rd gear roll. But if I get the jump, he doesnt seem to get me. My lighter rotors really help out, but his Stoptechs are due in anyday and then Im done for.

Its ok, he can be King of the roll ons. I dont want to blow my motor. I'll stick to leaving him behind in the hills and from stoplights. :D

Fast mentioned something wierd was going on with the air fuel readings on the runs he sent me, dyno error I think. I use an LM1 and an LC1 for air fuel readings. I trust those over the worn out dyno jet wide band but I let them get a reading on air fuel just to have a 3rd opinion.

The conservative tune combined with the pully put me at a similar power level as those with a more aggressive tune with the stock paxton pully. Also, since it has more boost at a lower rpm it's got more low end power as well. If I got greedy, I could start messing with the split second tune.....add in some timing and pull big numbers. As hard as we drive these things, I'm pretty sure I'm already playing with fire.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did like 5 or 6 pulls and all were within the norm. I have to tell you that it runs much harder now with a tune from DC Perf. I will dyno again and let you know how it does. I think peak power will be the same. Just more power under the curve which is more important anyway. Have you raced any 08s? If so how much did you pull?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It took a set of ported / polished heads to get to the 730 rwhp range with my stock Paxton set up and 9 psi; and that was pushing it.

Bottom end went south a few months later at the Silver State running the 1/2 mile drags. I won the drags that day, but got to rebuild the engine when I got back. It leaned out, detonated (on 100 0ctane) and oh well ..... that was one expensive trophy.

Dan

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took a set of ported / polished heads to get to the 730 rwhp range with my stock Paxton set up and 9 psi; and that was pushing it.

Bottom end went south a few months later at the Silver State running the 1/2 mile drags. I won the drags that day, but got to rebuild the engine when I got back. It leaned out, detonated (on 100 0ctane) and oh well ..... that was one expensive trophy.

Dan

haha yeah I've had some expensive victories like that one involving blown motors :D:dunno::crazy2:

1/2 mile at WOT would be pretty ******* an engine. I just goof off around town with mine, 3rd to 4tg gear blasts.

Dan did you have the motor built locally?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your dyno numbers of your stock paxton car making 700+ rwhp, leave a lot of us looking like this -->:confused:

low 600's is the norm with a totally stock gen III and a paxton

No Sheet! I want on to that magic dyno Kendrick has. Maybe the local owner pumps up the numbers so everyone wants to go to him for dyno time.

Kendrick, you ever run that thing at the track? Track doesnt lie, you should EASILY be mid 10s with that kinda power and a muc higher mile an hour then my 132.

so ???

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a mile high so I would be happy to break 11s and 130 is what I traped with my GTS with NOS propane. My GT with only two runs and a mile high with 652rwhp ran 11.9 at 124mph. I usually loose a secound in the 1/4 and 8 to 10 mph from sea level. With runcraps there is no way to get a good time in the 60 spins way too much. I have to back off too much. I will take her to a different Dyno and see. :eater:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960