Clutch goes to floor

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my 2000 RT/10 out today - hasn't been driven a lot this winter. Clutch felt odd - and then after a few shifts, started going straight to the floor. Now unable to shift at all. Also, a leek of some dark fluid under car. The odd thing is that the clutch resovoir appears full. Any ideas as to what the likely culprit is? I'm afraid I may have to get it towed to the dealer...

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
J

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a major repair?

Also, is there anything I can do to get it working in order to get it to the shop, or is a tow my only option?

Thank you.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last time this happened to my NSX, it had to be towed. It wasn't too expensive to repair on my car ($200), so I don't know much its going to cost in Viper.

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a major repair?

Also, is there anything I can do to get it working in order to get it to the shop, or is a tow my only option?

Thank you.

The trans must be removed to change the slave. It cost about $250 for a new slave. You will have to have the car towed. It might be a good idea to replace the clutch depending on miles. Buy the slave from Chuck Tator and you can get a stock clutch on eBay. Thats what I did.

Patrick

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went through this. Tranny definitely has to come out. You may think about putting in a new clutch and putting in a short throw shifter if you don't already have one. (Less labor to put in on once the tranny is out.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine