Clutch slave issue?

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after 72,000 hard miles I have my first real issue. driving home and clutch pedal didn't seem right and it was engaging really hard and quick.

pulling into the driveway clutch pedal stayed on the floor and wouldn't pop back up.
had to switch the key off and glide into the driveway.

checked clutch fluid and it was way low (its never been low), added fluid, pumped pedal seemed ok. started it moved into gargae and noticed puddle under car. pedal started to feel the same way.

pulled off flywheel inspection plate and fluid was dripping out.
did a search and came up with a possible clutch slave failure.

agree/disagree?
I guess if it is the slave, I need to have the clutch replaced also at 72,000 miles? clutch has been perfect up until now....
any advice?
Thanks

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, it happens. I just had to replace my slave too. Not a hard job, just time consuming. Call Chuck Tator, he can get you the slave.

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like the slave is bad and leaking. I think the slaves usually go bad sooner than 72,000 miles so consider yourself lucky. Replacing the clutch is up to you and the condition of the existing clutch, but the price of a new LUK is only about $200 so I would absolutely change the clutch and pressure plate. Don't forget to do the pilot bearing also. It would also be the best time to upgrade your flywheel. I went with the DC Performance chromoly flywheel when I did all of this a few months ago.

OP
OP
M

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the quick responses.
I can't complain, this car has been ultra reliable to me and has not been babied one bit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi