CMP video Chasing GTS

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI all, thought you might enjoy this video, I was at Carolina motorsports park last weekend, and got the privillege to run with a GTS. I couldn't quite keep up with him, but it was the best part of the weekend. You will especially enjoy the commentary from the guy who was riding with me ( mustang cobra owner)

http://66.227.71.172/video.htm

tim

OP
OP
T

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoyed it, saw that a vette guy was trolling over here, so wanted to help keep relations up! The viper is an awesome car!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang I'm slow. Thats what I get for not driving for 5 months. Sorry I let you guys down. I won't let this happen again. Whewww I'm glad he didn't show the rain video, cause I couldn't keep up with him. Tim was pulling away from me each lap.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a few more comments, it could have been an teaching video.

Maybe at the VOI or Viperdays they could put together a little video demonstrating braking turning and acceleration.

Great video.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, That was great Video! The commentary easily rivaled Ned Jarrett of NASCAR fame and kept me in stitches. :)

THANKS,

Jay K.

OP
OP
T

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn, I got so many hits I used up my bandwidth for the month in 1 week! 15GB! Anyway, I am glad everyone enjoyed the video, it was great! The viper was the only car that passed me the whole weekend, and it was only my second time at the track. I passed all of the cobras, including the hyped up 03 like they were standing still. Great to have power, but if your car is a slug, and you can't put the power down, it doesn't do much good. I am going to more track events, so you viper guys watch out, when I get more experience, you better be careful!

Anyway, the viper is a great car, and Alan did a great job driving. One benefit of the z06 is that even a novice like me can drive one and keep up with most. I hope to own a viper one day, but will have to wait. I will open up the website at the beginning of the month and post the vid again!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give us something we can right click on and download to our computer next month. I could have pulled away farther but I wanted to be in the video!!!!

OP
OP
T

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you pulled 2 spark plugs to make it fair, just like when you were running those 16 sec 1/4's.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of lap times were you turning?
It was a non timed event, they even frowned on using a Hot Lap timer. That video was filmed when the track was drying out, only the driving school line from the cars had dried somewhat. If ventured off that with a tire it became very slick, also a vette had just put down some coolant in those short straights before the front straight and we were the test pilots through the absorbent material put down. The next session when totally dry, unofficially a spectator mentioned a time to me from his watch of 1.51 but that could be /- some.

OP
OP
T

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The video lap time was a 1:54 (digital video has the time stamp on each frame great advantage at a non timed event). My best lap later in the day was a 1:53.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tons of tracktime at cmp, & I have won there many times. The key to that track is the last corner coming on to the front straight. Its 120 degrees not 90 like it looks, so you must go late late late. Its fun but I like roebling better, The PCA has an event this month & there are openings. e mail Ryan from the GAVCA @ [email protected] for more info. He is organizing a Viper & Vette caravan. By the way the new Barber track was designed by the same guy who did CMP. It flows much better though.

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim,
That is an awesome video! I saw it on my computer in work last week without sound (speakers are not hooked up). Now I just viewed it at home with sound and it is three times as good as the first view.

Thanks for posting. :D

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim.

Really enjoyed the video. It is amazing how following a fast car can make one faster. It seemed your driving definetly improved as the video went on.

OP
OP
T

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad everyone enjoyed it! had a blast, I really enjoy running with the vipers, have been to 2 more de's since, and nothing else can hang with a z06!

tim

OP
OP
T

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, if you have not seen the vid's come back after the first of the month, I have 15 gb bandwidth per month, and it is gone.

ip has changed, website is

www.slobird.com
thankx tim