Code P0118??

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have found that the code P0118 is "Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input" So what do I do, I try to erase the code and it comes back on as soon as I start it up again. Does anyone no what wires to trace, or ways to test circuit?

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I forgot to add that I changed the sensor already because my gauge isnt reading a temp, still doesnt even after I changed the sensor, the gauge may be to blame for that though.

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes it has, i just had a injector wire problem. I would like to find out what to test and where to test so I can narrow this down.

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was reading some other posts and I was wondering if its normal for the fan to immediately come on when I start a cold engine? maybe this is a result of whatever is wrong.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fan coming on would mean that the temp sensor input says above 180F (or whatever the ECU is set for.

You need a shop manual so that you can trace the wiring. Check the voltage at the guage. Perhaps you have a short (maybe in the guage)?

Ted

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey dave thanks for those pictures, ill be working on it tomorow, I am sure that this will help me out alot.

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I finally got back to looking into the problem and it was all caused by the the signal ground on the harness was not making contact to the sensor, What a pain I went through to find this was the problem. Caused the CEL, Gauge not working, and fans running. I realy appreciate all the help. She runs great now.
:headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine