Collectible Cars of the Future (Viper!)

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
according to CNN:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/16/autos/future_collectibles/index.htm

Collectible Japanese cars are all but unheard of today. But, in the future, Toyota's Scion cars and its FJ Cruiser off-roader might be hot items at car auctions, Hagerty's customers predicted.

The only American cars were two Chrysler products, the Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Viper.

Cars that are hot now may not be so hot for collectors in the 2020's, Hagerty's survey predicted. Notably, the Ford Mustang did not make the list in any form. Nor did the Toyota Prius.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because of this article and the January Arizona auctions, a local AM radio call in show had people calling in with opinions on which late model cars would be future collectable's. They had not read off Hagerty's list prior to my call. Of course, I called in a pumped up the Viper.

My reasons for it being a future collectable: 92-02, **** outrageous body with a long sweeping hood, big motor, high HP, low production numbers AND the cars actually get driven, modified and wrecked.

After my call the DJ agreed and then said, "yep, the Viper is one of only two American cars on the list".

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could not agree more... I have owned too many cars to list. Most recently an E55 Mercedes and Z06 Corvette... I was bored with these 2 cars in a year or so, and have since sold them both.. The Viper, I have owned for 2.5 years now.. Everytime I drive it, It's like a new experience.. This is the one car I can not imagine selling.. Although a trade for an 06' Bumble Bee may be tough to turn down.. My E55 depreciated more in 1 month, that my Viper has in 2 years....

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I plan on keeping my 1993 R/T10 forever! Last August, a friend of mine approached me with an offer I had to think about.

And then next morning I accepted it!

I traded my 1999 BMW M5 for a 1993 Dodge Viper R/T10! Alot of people thought I was nuts, I guess they don't understand the viper!

My car is a production 300 of 900 ever built. And only 60 of them were ever exported outside the US!

I plan on restoring it and touching it up day after day! It's just an awsum car to drive and look at, even after 15 years, people turn to gaze at the car when you cruise down the street!!

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll let you know when I sell mine.

Historically when I sell a car it seems to go up in value.

If I'm not too careful, I am a buy high, sell low owner.

Something becomes popular. I watch it too long. I buy it when the price is the highest. I get bored with it and then sell it when the price is the lowest.