This is it, the holy grail of my collection...

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your familiar with me, I'm an avid collector of some really awesome and insane stuff. Like for instance, I have a piston off the brand new GTS-R (with Stryker etched on the head) signed by Kuno, Dom, TK, Ryan Hunter Reay, Herb and Mark Trostle that I got at the OH VCA party. I also have a gen V banner called 'Wind Tunnel' also signed by the SRT drivers. I have an autographed copy of Viper Magazine signed by Ralph, to me, for the photos that I shot at VOI12, a GTS/R concept design poster Ralph also signed and a photobook I put together signed by Mark, Herb and Mike Stephens.

I also have a fender piece of Jimmie Johnson's car, a tire or two from Jeff Gordon, and some diecasts signed countless other drivers.

The most amazing part is, other than the piston and the gen V banner...I earned most of my collection with help of some really good friends. For some reason, it's always been cool to get something autographed. Even my own car is signed by a few notables such as Steve Saleen, Valentino Balboni and John Force. It pays being a photographer too.:smirk:

BUT ANYWAY...

Look what I got today at Raceway Park. :)

You must be registered for see images

YUP! That's a busted Oreca #92 GTS-R and it's signed by Tommy Archer, David Donohue and one of the friench drivers. :headbang:

Well the story goes as follows. My friend David from Texas is one of my photographer friends, he's been so for quite a few years now. While working one of the corners at Road America during ALMS practice, the 92 has a bit of a incident...literally right in front of him. The corner worker gives him the wrecked nose piece, he takes it to Tommy and gets them to sign it. Dave takes it home where it sits for a few years. I know he has it.

Until about, ehhhhh, March. Dave puts the thing up for sale on Ebay. NO WAY. I was flipping out. NO way was I going to let that thing get away. I begged and pleaded for Dave to take the auction down. We came to an agreement and we were set. I couldn't wait to get it. He was going to a make a deal on a crown vic in Philly and was going to stop by my place to drop the piece off. BUT, unfortunately that deal fell through.

So now he works with Black Iguana, a frozen margarita company, and they just signed a deal with Cagnazzi Racing and Erica Enders in the Pro Stock division in NHRA. So that means where ever they go, Dave goes. Just so happens it's NHRA weekend here at Englishtown, Dave drove up and I picked it up today at the track. Best experience ever. Peoples reactions to a broken piece of race car are amazing, even if they have no clue what series it's from. Scott Sharp and Guy Cosmo also came out to the track.

I'm going to bed now. It's almost one and I am beat tired. The weather was in the 90's all day, no clouds.:crazy2:

--RS

P.S. I kinda have to put a little blame on Nadine and Maurice. Nadine because she got the front nose piece Dominik wrecked, so really pushed myself to get this and Maurice because he's got the ultimate collection and I try to have one as good as his. LOL

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a passion you have for it.. good for you. Makes life enjoyable. nice catch!

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think decorating with old race car parts is really strange.....:D

Mark Martin....

You must be registered for see images attach

AJ Foyt cars...

The Oreca piece is really outstanding. I am really jealous. Congratulations!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21